Rucio's Winter Makeover - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-14-2012, 08:47 PM   #101

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
Jen, I guess I don't understand why you had to take the fan off the nice, fresh bedding to make the tap for the ceiling light. Your trailer and mine are similar in that they are both Donkey OTs and both have liners. I could remove the trim bezel on my fan and right there's the wiriing lying in the middle of the glass sandwich and snaking a new line between shells anywhere except athwart the centerline would be very easy. Something I'm missing about the problem altho I do understand one step forward and two back to make up for afterthoughts (um I mean engineering changes).

Does that side of trailer "water out" port take a standard bayonet type "slinky"?

jack
rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:19 PM   #102

Name: Mike
Trailer: 1996 16' Casita SD
Louisiana
Registry
Looking good Jen!
I would ask a propane person about laying that bottle side ways. I don't know, but I think it has to be made to work sideways to work properly.
itlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:12 PM   #103

Name: Joel
Trailer: 1981 Boler
Sarnia, Ontario
itlives, ya your right about the propane I wasn't really thinking about it being side ways. fork lifts and stuff use them sideways but they run on liquid propane not the gas vapor like burners would.
idiotsniff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:45 AM   #104

Name: Tim
Trailer: 2006 Casita
New York
Jen, That's a really nice looking trailer, a lot of work but well worth it. Now will this be @ the gathering end of June in Pa. ?
Tim Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:21 AM   #105

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Fabulous job, Jen. If given the choice, I'd also insulate and deflangify. I just don't have the wherewithall for that type of work. But would have it done in a heartbeat if I became a jillionaire. This is a great thread. Looking forward to the finished product!!
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:25 AM   #106

Name: Sue and Greg
Trailer: 1982 Burro 13 foot and a 2015 Casita Spitit Deluxe 17 ft.
Washington
Registry
So impressive! It is looking gorgeous : )
Sue and Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:03 PM   #107

Trailer: Bigfoot 19 ft
I'm in awe of the quantity & quality of your accomplishments! I think you & dad can begin taking orders!
Old 04-16-2012, 07:31 AM   #108

Trailer: 1976 Scamp 13 ft
Registry
Wow, the paint job turned out fantastico.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:55 PM   #109

Name: Brent
Trailer: Burro-1983
Minnesota
this is amazing jen b...very inspiring!!! "burro rock star"
Brentshirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 03:58 PM   #110

Name: jen
Trailer: 1980 13 ft. burro
Pennsylvania
Registry
Oh boy, I have some catching up to do here.

jack: you would think we could have managed to sort wiring to make it easy to bring new wires off the fan without uninstalling it...but that's where the homegrown knowhow falls short. We definitely had to take the fan out and put it back in because of how we'd fed the wiring into the fan. Hard to explain except to say we're knuckleheads.

Tim Wood: I have a spot reserved for the rally, but not sure we'll be done in time!

Funky schedules have meant I haven't been able to get over to western PA since the middle of april, with my next work trip meant for memorial day weekend. In the meantime my dad has been working on various things, including refashioning the floor at the door to cause there to not be such an airy gap when the door is closed and fitting some plywood liners along the tall closet walls to stiffen those up and better support some shelves.

Big jobs still to do: getting the spare tire holder finished, sandblasted, painted, and welded onto the rear bumper, rebuilding the windows and re-installing them (still figuring out the one bit of rubber gasketing), flooring (went back and forth and back and forth on this and finally settled on allure flooring), finishing the cabinet door building and getting those installed, mounting the license plate light and attaching the plate back in the back somehow, getting a battery and a converter thingie and getting the interior wiring connected to that business (going to be a comedy of errors but our garage host is good with that stuff so he'll correct our mistakes). I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting. Oh, sticking up a new headliner but that's not a big deal.

Here are a couple of photos of the inside from back in mid-April. It's still funny to me to see the solid colors after the months of bondo and primer spots.
Attached Thumbnails
20120415 interior 1 small.jpg   20120415 interior 4 small.jpg  

20120415 interior 3 kitchen counter small.jpg  
jen b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 04:44 PM   #111

Name: John
Trailer: gave up!!
California
Thanks for the update Jen. I've been following this thread since you started it, and I can't wait to see it all done!
John_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 08:37 AM   #112

Name: Sue and Greg
Trailer: 1982 Burro 13 foot and a 2015 Casita Spitit Deluxe 17 ft.
Washington
Registry
Really looking great. My little egg is jealous! Keep posting it is so nice watching the progress!
Sue and Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:05 AM   #113

Name: Joel
Trailer: 1981 Boler
Sarnia, Ontario
Hi Jen,

do you have a color code? maybe a name, brand and type of paint used for the interior? looks like its an off white or a cream, is that correct? looks much better then plain white.

thanks for the update.

Joel
idiotsniff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:22 AM   #114

Pennsylvania
Registry
Thanks everybody! This is a huge job but we're having a ball.

Joel, I don't have the color number on me, but it's the white that Mercedes uses on Smarts. In the Burro it's slightly more vanilla-creamy than the original gelcoat.
Old 05-12-2012, 02:04 PM   #115

Delaware
Jen, I think I discovered the reason for those--uh--engineering changes in one of the fotos. Could it be that "someone" is visiting the Yuengling dispenser with fair frequency? I know I would.

jack
Old 05-29-2012, 07:40 PM   #116

Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit View Post
Jen, I think I discovered the reason for those--uh--engineering changes in one of the fotos. Could it be that "someone" is visiting the Yuengling dispenser with fair frequency? I know I would.

jack

Holiday weekend pictorial update!

First, new wheels, new decals. Looking sharp.

New setup for the propane tank. My dad shifted the old steel tabs that had accommodated the older enormous tank, added these steel straps, and used some spare lawnmower parts to fashion a strap fastener.
Attached Thumbnails
new wheels small.jpg   decal small.jpg  

propane tank strap small.jpg  
Old 05-29-2012, 07:44 PM   #117

Pennsylvania
Registry
Lighting - got some new LED stuff. I've added an under kitchen cabinet fixture, an over front dinette fixture, and a nifty strip mounted alongside the ridgeline. We've wired the long strip to a dimmer....mood lighting for the clubhouse! I forgot to take a picture of the dinette light.
Attached Thumbnails
kitchen LED light small.jpg   LED light strip small.jpg  

Old 05-29-2012, 07:55 PM   #118

Pennsylvania
Registry
Heh. I can totally kill vampires with this thing!

Cabinet doors finally went in, too. These are framed in maple with acrylic inserts. The folks at the NY state sign shop who did the decal for me also were able to send me a couple of smaller size burro heads, which I stuck onto the overhead cabinet doors. There are enough to do ALL the cabinet doors with stickers, but that felt like serious overkill.

Not pictured: tall closet with new shelves and doors.

We are still deciding about how to keep the doors closed in transit.
Attached Thumbnails
cabinet doors 1 small.jpg   cabinet doors 2 small.jpg  

kitchen cabinet doors small.jpg  
Old 05-29-2012, 07:57 PM   #119

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Beautiful Jen,
One caveat, the propane regulator may add some additional stress to your fiberglass tank neck as mounted, I'd put a short hose and mount it on the tank holder. In addition, some have a vent screen which should face down for water intrusion reasons, can't see yours. Course I'm a belt and suspenders person!!
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:59 PM   #120

Delaware
S I L V E R B U L L E T?

No----
S I L V E R B U R R O !