* standing around admiring the new paint
* installing the fantastic fan
* remembering we needed to make a wiring junction from the fan to the front ceiling in order to wire up an over-table light
* removing the fantastic fan and cleaning up the butyl mess
* running the wiring for the over-dinette light
and an LED strip
* re-installing the fantastic fan
* getting the sink and faucets (shore water and hand pump) fitted into the kitchen countertop
* making a trim cap for the edge of the countertop
Photos show: various views of the new paint
, and the kitchen counter with sink. We'll cut the hole in the countertop for the gas cooker tomorrow.
The countertop will be anchored down to the fiberglass mold counter using keyhole hangers that we recessed into the underside of the counter, causing a round-head bolt to stick out of them, pointing downwards. We drilled holes in the molded counter, so the bolts settle into the holes and everything lies flat. We'll then run washers and nuts from beneath into the 6 bolts coming down from beneath the new countertop to snug it all up.