Name: Joel
Trailer: 1981 Boler
Sarnia, Ontario
no worries, just wondered if you had more. appreciate you updating the thread

Old 04-14-2012, 08:22 PM   #100

Name: John
Trailer: gave up!!
California
You must be totally pumped Jen, it looks great... That took some nerve cutting into that new paint too!

Old 04-14-2012, 09:47 PM   #101

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
Jen, I guess I don't understand why you had to take the fan off the nice, fresh bedding to make the tap for the ceiling light. Your trailer and mine are similar in that they are both Donkey OTs and both have liners. I could remove the trim bezel on my fan and right there's the wiriing lying in the middle of the glass sandwich and snaking a new line between shells anywhere except athwart the centerline would be very easy. Something I'm missing about the problem altho I do understand one step forward and two back to make up for afterthoughts (um I mean engineering changes).

Does that side of trailer "water out" port take a standard bayonet type "slinky"?

jack
Old 04-14-2012, 10:19 PM   #102

Name: Mike
Trailer: 1977 13' Trillium
Louisiana
Registry
Looking good Jen!
I would ask a propane person about laying that bottle side ways. I don't know, but I think it has to be made to work sideways to work properly.
Old 04-14-2012, 11:12 PM   #103

Name: Joel
Trailer: 1981 Boler
Sarnia, Ontario
itlives, ya your right about the propane I wasn't really thinking about it being side ways. fork lifts and stuff use them sideways but they run on liquid propane not the gas vapor like burners would.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:45 AM   #104

Name: Tim
Trailer: Class B for now
NY
Jen, That's a really nice looking trailer, a lot of work but well worth it. Now will this be @ the gathering end of June in Pa. ?
Old 04-15-2012, 09:21 AM   #105

Name: Pam
Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Michigan
Registry
Fabulous job, Jen. If given the choice, I'd also insulate and deflangify. I just don't have the wherewithall for that type of work. But would have it done in a heartbeat if I became a jillionaire. This is a great thread. Looking forward to the finished product!!
Old 04-15-2012, 10:25 AM   #106

Name: Sue and Greg
Trailer: 1982 Burro 13 foot
Washington
Registry
So impressive! It is looking gorgeous : )
Old 04-15-2012, 08:03 PM   #107

Trailer: Bigfoot 19 ft
I'm in awe of the quantity & quality of your accomplishments! I think you & dad can begin taking orders!
Old 04-16-2012, 08:31 AM   #108

Name: Dan
Trailer: 1976 Scamp 13 ft "Siesta"
Oregon
Registry
Wow, the paint job turned out fantastico.

Just for fun Photo Website - http://www.flickr.com/photos/dan_hottenroth/
DannyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:55 PM   #109

Name: Brent
Trailer: Burro-1983
Minnesota
this is amazing jen b...very inspiring!!! "burro rock star"
Old 05-11-2012, 04:58 PM   #110

Name: jen
Trailer: 1980 13 ft. burro
Pennsylvania
Registry
Oh boy, I have some catching up to do here.

jack: you would think we could have managed to sort wiring to make it easy to bring new wires off the fan without uninstalling it...but that's where the homegrown knowhow falls short. We definitely had to take the fan out and put it back in because of how we'd fed the wiring into the fan. Hard to explain except to say we're knuckleheads.

Tim Wood: I have a spot reserved for the rally, but not sure we'll be done in time!

Funky schedules have meant I haven't been able to get over to western PA since the middle of april, with my next work trip meant for memorial day weekend. In the meantime my dad has been working on various things, including refashioning the floor at the door to cause there to not be such an airy gap when the door is closed and fitting some plywood liners along the tall closet walls to stiffen those up and better support some shelves.

Big jobs still to do: getting the spare tire holder finished, sandblasted, painted, and welded onto the rear bumper, rebuilding the windows and re-installing them (still figuring out the one bit of rubber gasketing), flooring (went back and forth and back and forth on this and finally settled on allure flooring), finishing the cabinet door building and getting those installed, mounting the license plate light and attaching the plate back in the back somehow, getting a battery and a converter thingie and getting the interior wiring connected to that business (going to be a comedy of errors but our garage host is good with that stuff so he'll correct our mistakes). I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting. Oh, sticking up a new headliner but that's not a big deal.

Here are a couple of photos of the inside from back in mid-April. It's still funny to me to see the solid colors after the months of bondo and primer spots.
Attached Thumbnails
20120415 interior 1 small.jpg   20120415 interior 4 small.jpg  

20120415 interior 3 kitchen counter small.jpg  
Old 05-11-2012, 05:44 PM   #111

Name: John
Trailer: gave up!!
California
Thanks for the update Jen. I've been following this thread since you started it, and I can't wait to see it all done!
Old 05-12-2012, 09:37 AM   #112

Name: Sue and Greg
Trailer: 1982 Burro 13 foot
Washington
Registry
Really looking great. My little egg is jealous! Keep posting it is so nice watching the progress!