Rust-O-Leum paint on bedliner on my CT-13 - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-29-2012, 08:13 PM   #29

Name: Greg
Trailer: 72 Boler American
Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by bomni View Post
Has anyone found coloured bed liner in a smaller amount than 1 gallon?

We want to colour match our rockguard, but have already bed linered underneath the floor and the underbody so don't have any need for a large amount.
You can buy it in a spray can but it is kind of thin. If your just covering some existing bed liner it should work ok.

Old 03-29-2012, 09:17 PM   #30

Name: Matt and Lindsey
Trailer: 1972 Boler 1300
British Columbia
Have you found cans with a colour other than black? Sorry I should have clarified, we want green.

Old 03-29-2012, 09:17 PM   #31

Name: Angela
Trailer: Unknown
Michigan
Thank you Panoz77, Donna and Greg. I will definitely be trying the coke next summer. For this summer I am just getting it water tight and towable. There will be a few quick fixes, but I am trying to make sure that they are easily un-doable when I am ready to do it right. I thought I did post a photo, but I must have done something wrong. I will try again.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:40 PM   #32

Name: Paul
Trailer: Vixen Motor Coach
California
Registry
WalMart sells RustOleum Bedliner Black color by the spray can (for less than $10 a can) and by the gallon for only about $50. That is considerably less than the Rhinoliner. I am looking into seeing if they can order it in other than Black (I would like a tan color). If that's the case, then you can't beat it since it would be great to know I can have plenty extra for periodic touch up work. I'll chime in once I find out.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:24 PM   #33

Name: James
Trailer: Uhaul CT-13
Ohio
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Chet View Post
WalMart sells RustOleum Bedliner Black color by the spray can (for less than $10 a can) and by the gallon for only about $50. That is considerably less than the Rhinoliner. I am looking into seeing if they can order it in other than Black (I would like a tan color). If that's the case, then you can't beat it since it would be great to know I can have plenty extra for periodic touch up work. I'll chime in once I find out.
Don't get the spray on type, get the roll-on type, the roll on type is thicker and rolling it on is very easy. It is a messy job and a spray can would make it even worse, IMO
Old 03-31-2012, 12:43 AM   #34

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Chet
I will be watching to see what answer you get, you never know if the answer will be the same in Canada, but possibly! We have tried a few places to see if they have 1/2 gallons with no luck, but were looking at the roll on type, not the spray on. We want spray on though for the front for ease & our budget. And at this point $100+ for roll on for a tiny area that is colour matched isn't financially doable. I'm not overly concerned if we need to repaint in the future. It would be fantastic to find coloured spray on!
Old 03-31-2012, 07:17 AM   #35

California
Registry
I personally will be using the roll on since Brad's (he did his Boler in the fire truck red Bedliner) advice was to give it at least 3 coats and a fourth would have been perfect. He said to plan about a gallon per coat so the spray cans won't be practical for us. Thing is they sell the Rustoleum in the spray can in Tan and Black and Tan is the exact color I am interested in, so I am hoping they will respond that they sell it by the gallon in Tan. With it being $48 a gallon at Walmart vs. $150 per gallon for Rhino liner. I'll report back as soon as I hear back from them.
Old 03-31-2012, 10:25 AM   #36

Ohio
Registry
Quote:
I will be watching to see what answer you get, you never know if the answer will be the same in Canada, but possibly! We have tried a few places to see if they have 1/2 gallons with no luck, but were looking at the roll on type, not the spray on. We want spray on though for the front for ease & our budget. And at this point $100+ for roll on for a tiny area that is colour matched isn't financially doable. I'm not overly concerned if we need to repaint in the future. It would be fantastic to find coloured spray on!
The sell it by the quart and by the gallon only. Autozone also carries it and it is about the same price as walmart. A quart is less than $20.

And yes 3 coats is about what you need for complete coverage depending on how thick you apply it each time.
Old 04-03-2012, 04:25 PM   #37

California
Registry
Just heard back from Rustoleum and here's a cut and paste:
_________
Thank you for contacting Rust-Oleum Product Support

Unfortunately, Black is the only color that is offered in gallon sized containers. We apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused you.
_________

shucks. looks like my dreams of $48 gallons of bed liner have vanished. oh well. i better start saving, luckily i have plenty left to do before we repaint.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:03 PM   #38

British Columbia
Quote:
Just heard back from Rustoleum and here's a cut and paste:
_________
Thank you for contacting Rust-Oleum Product Support

Unfortunately, Black is the only color that is offered in gallon sized containers. We apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused you.
_________

I guess we are going with Black in the spray can! Oh well, thanks Paul for the info
Old 04-04-2012, 09:26 PM   #39

Ohio
Registry
Quote:
I guess we are going with Black in the spray can! Oh well, thanks Paul for the info
Don't use the spray can, the roll on stuff is thicker and easier to control, IMO. I think in the end the spray cans will cost you much more than a gallon if you are covering the whole thing. Just something to consider.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:36 PM   #40

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panoz77

Don't use the spray can, the roll on stuff is thicker and easier to control, IMO. I think in the end the spray cans will cost you much more than a gallon if you are covering the whole thing. Just something to consider.
Thanks, but we are just doing a small rock guard, we have already done other areas with roll on rhino liner (new floor boards after fibreglassing in both under Lino and as undercoat).

As I mentioned earlier I don't need a whole gallon & would rather just spray on a few cans for now, its okay if it only lasts a season or two, as in future we will repaint the rockguard with a colour matched version.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:37 PM   #41

California
Registry
Hey guys, sorry for any confusion but I meant to say I was looking into other colors in the gallon size. You can definitely get the can in TAN color!
I just needed 3 or 4 gallons for the whole thing so I wasn't interested in a can, but I can see there are instances where the can has utility.

RustOleum.com

Good luck!
Old 04-06-2012, 08:51 PM   #42

British Columbia
Quote:
Hey guys, sorry for any confusion but I meant to say I was looking into other colors in the gallon size. You can definitely get the can in TAN color!
I just needed 3 or 4 gallons for the whole thing so I wasn't interested in a can, but I can see there are instances where the can has utility.

RustOleum.com

Good luck!
No Paul, I'm sorry, I was actually interested in the answer for the gallon size at Walmart....to clarify better since I guess i was vague....originally we were going to color match the rock guard even if we had to get gallon size of Rhinoliner, but on discussing we (hubby & I) decided that we would just do black in the can. Because another $100 for just a small rock guard is a waste, if we only use a little bit....so when I heard $50 for a gallon at Walmart I was interested to hear if they had other colors available in gallon sized, & also interested to hear they had tan in the can, as we though tan might work too. So thanks for copying the reply & sorry for the confusion

Tags
paint