Rust-O-Leum paint on bedliner on my CT-13 - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-04-2012, 09:37 PM   #41

Trailer: 1986 U-Haul CT13 ft
Registry
Hey guys, sorry for any confusion but I meant to say I was looking into other colors in the gallon size. You can definitely get the can in TAN color!
I just needed 3 or 4 gallons for the whole thing so I wasn't interested in a can, but I can see there are instances where the can has utility.

RustOleum.com

Good luck!
Paul Chet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:51 PM   #42

Name: Matt and Lindsey
Trailer: 1972 Boler 1300
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Chet
Hey guys, sorry for any confusion but I meant to say I was looking into other colors in the gallon size. You can definitely get the can in TAN color!
I just needed 3 or 4 gallons for the whole thing so I wasn't interested in a can, but I can see there are instances where the can has utility.

RustOleum.com

Good luck!
No Paul, I'm sorry, I was actually interested in the answer for the gallon size at Walmart....to clarify better since I guess i was vague....originally we were going to color match the rock guard even if we had to get gallon size of Rhinoliner, but on discussing we (hubby & I) decided that we would just do black in the can. Because another $100 for just a small rock guard is a waste, if we only use a little bit....so when I heard $50 for a gallon at Walmart I was interested to hear if they had other colors available in gallon sized, & also interested to hear they had tan in the can, as we though tan might work too. So thanks for copying the reply & sorry for the confusion
bomni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:05 AM   #43

Registry
no apologies as i'm probably the source of most confusion! its easy for me to miss details and then there's the problem of my brain going faster than my two fingers - i often leave out what i meant to say! so yeah, for about $50 you guys can get a whole gallon of the black and save it for occasional touch ups, and then rattle away with the spray cans which come in black or tan to your heart's delight. unfortunately, we dont want to paint our whole Play Pac black (it would match my truck but it also would look like an armored SWAT vehicle pulling into the campground). so dreams of $50 gallons are dashed. looks like i will have to bite the bullet and drop some serious dough on enough for at least coats of rhino liner or durabak. the potential insult to injury is i would have to do the paint job and i hear its a messy business!
Old 04-09-2012, 08:52 PM   #44

Name: Matt and Lindsey
Trailer: 1972 Boler 1300
British Columbia
Yes an all black Play Pac would be pretty warm to camp in too, in the summer!! The painting part is most definitely messy! My hubby had some on his head that took me 10 minutes a drop (4 penny sized drops) with alcohol swabs (luckily we had a lot of them kicking around here because I am a nurse). We just got a pack of throw away brushes, nitrile gloves and taped off or sheeted the area's we wanted to protect. It took us one gallon (of black to do our new plywood floorboards top and bottom).

Good luck with your paint job!
bomni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:26 AM   #45

Registry
i can tell this will be an adventure! just bought the gloves (guess thats going to be the easiest part of it). we are a ways away from the paint job, but thanks for the support. will post photos when it happens!

Tags
paint