rv toilet - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-27-2008, 10:14 AM   #1
Trailer: Beachcomber
I have a 15 ft. Beachcomber fiberglass rv and i would like to change the flooring.
the only problem i am having is removal of the toilet, it is a PotPourri model 737.
I have taken out the 4 holddown bolts but it wont budge, could it be glued to the tank
or maybe the wax seal is holding it. Any help would be appreciated

Erwyn B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 04:52 PM   #2
Trailer: Scamp 16 ft
This won't be much help, I suppose since I have a Scamp with a Sealand Toilet but mine came off by removing the 4 bolts. On mine at least, there was gasket between the toilet and the holding tank top that was slightly stuck to both parts but it came right off with some judicious wiggling.

I suppose a previous owner might have put silicone sealant in there. In that case you may have to try to slip a putty knife in between the parts to cut at least some of the sealant.

I found a new gasket for it at Camper World so I suppose the gasket is a common item. Before I put mine back together, I installed some blind nuts on the inside of the holding tank just to make it easier to assemble/disassemble.

I'd try to find a manual for it and see how it's supposed to go together. I found a manual for my 1983 Scamp Sealand toilet by Googling the net.

Good luck with it.
Capt Ron is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search