Old 10-27-2015, 09:23 PM   #15

Name: Jennifer
Trailer: 1979 Scamp 13'
Colorado
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexbob5150 View Post
I have a Perris Pacer ! That has a very large kitchen window ! Its a slider ! 👀
I saw one of those...and I would love it!!! But, I think for the existing scamp a second window is best...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filbert V. View Post
Two words, port holes! I found mine on eBay. If they're good enough for yachts, then they're good enough for camping
Love it! I am wanting extra ventilation more than extra light, so will go the window route. But it definitely looks nice!

Old 10-27-2015, 09:29 PM   #16

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
My 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe has a factory window over the Kitchen sink.... love it!

Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 04:10 PM   #17

Name: Jennifer
Trailer: 1979 Scamp 13'
Colorado
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
My 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe has a factory window over the Kitchen sink.... love it!
Yes! I've seen that, and if they weren't so hard to find in my area, I'd have held out for one. . It looks like a great way to add more cross ventilation and air!
Old 10-28-2015, 08:30 PM   #18

Name: Biker
Trailer: researching
Texas
Quote:
Two words, port holes! I found mine on eBay. If they're good enough for yachts, then they're good enough for camping
(sorry to go off-topic) Filbert/anyone, every now and then I see pictures in forums of trailers that are either half painted or completely painted a non-white color...is there a typical/correct method for painting FG trailers? Is this something that you can do yourself, or where would you take them to have it done? Thank you for the info! P.S. Great looking trailer, Filbert!
Old 02-22-2016, 11:01 AM   #19

Name: Tony
Trailer: Scamp - The Haunted Mansion
Colorado
Registry
Sorry to be a bit late to the conversation, but when we got our Scamp, a p.o. had already cut the window hole and put in a slider window on the forward driver's side. We love it. Adds ventilation and a view! If you'd like to see what ours looks like with a big window (some have a small window there...) here's a pic....
Old 02-22-2016, 11:05 AM   #20

Colorado
Registry
Biker - We took ours to a local community college auto collision repair program. They knew how to do it...and for a lot less than a commercial shop. They told me what to do to get it ready...then they did the final prep, primed, painted, and clear coated it. Here's a pic...
Old 02-27-2016, 05:31 PM   #21

Name: dawn
Trailer: U haul ct 13
West Virginia
I really want to do this also but can't find the right size or one that will work with the thin fiberglass wall thickness and look right with the rest of the windows. I have a 85 CT-13 uhual
Old 02-27-2016, 06:45 PM   #22

Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
IllAnnoy
Registry
This window is factory installed and still available. You probably would not like the original one which was used on trailers of your vintage.
Attached Thumbnails
Pic013.JPG   Oregon trip 008.jpg  

Old 03-07-2016, 07:44 PM   #23

Colorado
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by WV Dawn View Post
I really want to do this also but can't find the right size or one that will work with the thin fiberglass wall thickness and look right with the rest of the windows. I have a 85 CT-13 uhual
On ours on the inside, we actually used our tile backsplash to build up the wall thickness....the pictures below show the tiles as we were cutting them -- they were aluminum tubing 12" x 12" tiles that were about 1/2" thick. The thickness allowed the ring on the inside to hold the window firmly in place.
Attached Thumbnails
100_2389.jpg   100_2410.jpg  

Old 03-08-2016, 05:23 AM   #24

Name: dawn
Trailer: U haul ct 13
West Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohkraites View Post
On ours on the inside, we actually used our tile backsplash to build up the wall thickness....the pictures below show the tiles as we were cutting them -- they were aluminum tubing 12" x 12" tiles that were about 1/2" thick. The thickness allowed the ring on the inside to hold the window firmly in place.
Thats actually a great idea. Thank you for sharing. Now....those aluminum tube/tiles wood look great with my custom diamond plate cabinet doors...where did you buy them and I would love to see the finished look if you have a pic to share??
Old 03-08-2016, 08:16 AM   #25

Name: Bizzian
Trailer: 13 ft Boler 1986
Ontario
Registry
I picked up an aluminum slider window at a Junkyard in Winnipeg. They took it out of a truck camper. It was originally a horizontal one above the cab so was the correct size. We turned it to vertical and installed it beside the stove over the couch (there was just enough room before the curve) and it works like a charm. I made, painted, and installed an aluminum "hood", drilled a couple of drain holes in the new bottom of the window, put new screening in and it works like a charm.
You can see the hood in the outside picture, and I have enclosed a picture of the inside. The window is just to the right of the back splash. Because it's on the vertical it slides from the top down. Doing it again I might have installed it the other way too. Because it came from a fiberglass truck camper, thickness was not a problem. Hauling it home to Southern Ontario on the train from Winnipeg without it getting bent or broken was another story. It cost me $5 !
Attached Thumbnails
08 01IMG_0848.jpg   IMG_1982.jpg  

Old 03-08-2016, 05:52 PM   #26

Colorado
Registry
The aluminum tubing tiles were purchased at Home Depot. They weren't cheap -- they were like $15 a square foot -- they have some on their website that's like $23/square.... But we figured it was a one-time investment. Since it was metal, it wouldn't break, and since it was aluminum, it wouldn't rust.... We had to install it vertically because of the curve in the wall...and as we got closer to the front, the compound curve threw us for a loop. So we just stopped it where it looked natural, and grouted it with a flexible sanded grout, and when it was dry, we butted the headliner fabric up next to it and installed a piece of flat plastic trim that matched the corner trim around the counter and under the cupboard and the counter.
Attached Thumbnails
100_2698.jpg   100_2699.jpg  

100_2700.jpg  
Old 03-08-2016, 06:04 PM   #27

Name: Glenn ( second 'n' is silent )
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B '08 RAV4 SPORT V6
British Columbia
Just an observation, but it is best to mount the fire extinguisher away from the stove ( so you don't have to reach over a flaming pot ) and near the door ( so you can reach it without being inside the trailer ).
Old 03-08-2016, 10:22 PM   #28

Name: Bizzian
Trailer: 13 ft Boler 1986
Ontario
Registry
Quote:
The round vent system over our stove (beside the vertical slider window we put in) leaks and we replaced it. It still leaked, so I found a port hole window on Amazon.ca and will invest in that to put in the hole where the vent is now. That way I have two little windows over there.
Thanks for the suggestion to look on e-bay etc.