Scamp 13-prioritizing updates - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-03-2016, 11:36 AM   #15
Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 Std
Excellent, Kate! Time to update your profile, which still says "In the market," and post some pictures of your new Scamp. Congratulations!

Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 09:36 AM   #16
Name: Carrie
Trailer: Scamp 13
So we just took a look at our axle, and it looks like it does have flanges for brakes (see picture- that's it, right?)

So does that mean we can just add brakes without replacing the whole axle? I don't know how old it is...

CarrieR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 11:34 AM   #17
Name: Dave & Paula Brown
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
Yes you can add the brakes. 1st check your axle to see if it has any "life" left in it by watching for how much movement there is in the control arm when someone jumps up and down inside the trailer, and how much droop it has from static position while the tire is being jacked up off the ground. If you have good movement, and no unusual tire ware, then go ahead and bolt up new brake assemblies to those mounting plates. Good luck.
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 07:49 PM   #18
Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
Originally Posted by Jim in De Pere View Post
Gilda How is the white storage arrangement attached to the wall. Looks like something we could use in our Scamp. Tks Jim
The hanging pockets were custom made by me and they are great to hold light weight things like eyeglasses, headlamp, eye mask, earplugs, etc. One could easily make these by cutting down an over door shoe pocket holder. It is held to the rat fur by both Velcro and cubicle clips. Staples® Cubicle Clips, White, 20/Pack | Staples® I have also adapted an over door shoe bag to fit over my closet door. There are pockets on the exterior and interior. It is very handy for holding things like gloves, Kleenex, combs, etc.

I have also added pockets to the curtains out of netting. See photo.

You can find lots of places for storage if you think creatively and are willing to do a little custom work!
Attached Thumbnails
Doug's art and Scamp 030.jpg  

The Gleeful Glamper
Gilda (Jill-da)
"Here we go again on another amazing adventure"
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote