Scamp 13 window seals, - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-27-2015, 05:23 PM   #1

Name: Bill
Trailer: Had Scamp 13'.
Oklahoma
Registry
Scamp 13 window seals,

Has anyone replaced the rear and front window rubber seals on a old 1978 Scamp 13?

If so, what are the length of rubber seals needed? Seems like I read 50-feet, but can't find that thread. Besides that seems excessive?
Bill
Bill Nolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 05:41 PM   #2

Name: Ted
Trailer: (Dark side)Crossroads Now
Glade Valley, North Carolina
I replace all of mine on my 2002 scamp 19'. I have extra left over. If the same rubber seals are used for yours I would be willing to let you have it cheaper than you can buy. Not sure how much I have. If it's the same I can measure what I have left. Also have the smaller for the side windows which is smaller. PS 50 feet for two windows seems way to much. One way is to use a string and go around the window, then add say 5 inches for safety. Ted
Old 03-27-2015, 06:00 PM   #3
Commercial Member

Name: Ian
Trailer: 1974 Boler 1300 - 2014 Escape 19'
Alberta
Registry
You will need about 12' per window
Ian G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 07:30 PM   #4

Oklahoma
Registry
Thanks Ted and Ian for the information!

As hard as my Scamp's rubber seals are, they must be original....37-years old! Both seals have shrunk until there is a 1/2-inch open gap at the bottom of the seal.

Ian, I can afford 24-feet a lot easier than 50-feet for sure! Did you buy the seal and lockstrip from the Scamp Mfg. company?

Ted, here is only one size of beadomg and lockstrip listed on Scamp's parts list that I could find. Is that the seal material you have left over? If so, what lengths do you have left?

Thanks again,

Bill
Old 03-27-2015, 07:50 PM   #5

Name: Ted
Trailer: (Dark side)Crossroads Now
Glade Valley, North Carolina
Scamp don't sell the window gaskets. They referred me HEHR Windows. Ask for Ed. 1 (800) 637-8938 I measured what I have left. Looks like I have 18 1/2 ft of the 3/4 gasket and 22 feet of 1/2 inch gasket.
Old 03-27-2015, 08:24 PM   #6
Commercial Member

Name: Ian
Trailer: 1974 Boler 1300 - 2014 Escape 19'
Alberta
Registry
I personally prefer the one piece locking gasket over the original 2 piece molding, it looks way better. The gasket you want is Trimloc ONE-PIECE LOCKING GASKET - WREK1522, check this site for a distributor near you https://www.trimlok.com/NAMap.aspx

Ian G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 09:58 PM   #7

Name: Sarah
Trailer: 1984 13' Scamp named "Ramblin Rose"
Texas
Registry
I bought 24 feet and I had a few feet left over when I did my '84 scamp... I do remember being worried after I had ordered that 24 might not be enough, but it easily was

I used the seal sold by scamp - there are others that work, but I wanted to make sure I was getting the right stuff rather than taking a chance. I also ordered a number of other items with that order (new table hardware, new door hinges, cabinet trim, etc), so if there are other things you might need, start making a list before you order so you won't forget something, since shipping can be a lot for just a few items
sarahspins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 03:41 PM   #8

Now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill nolen View Post
has anyone replaced the rear and front window rubber seals on a old 1978 scamp 13?

If so, what are the length of rubber seals needed? Seems like i read 50-feet, but can't find that thread. Besides that seems excessive?
Bill

do it right niw bill. 12 ft in back and i think front is the same. Good luck!
JHayter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 03:53 PM   #9

Doing it now Bill. 12 FT on the rear and prob the same in the front. Make sure you have the lock strop tool first because you won't find it around Town. :/
JHayter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 04:06 PM   #10

Oklahoma
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHayter View Post
Doing it now Bill. 12 FT on the rear and prob the same in the front. Make sure you have the lock strop tool first because you won't find it around Town. :/
Thanks! 24-feet is a lot more manageable, cost wise, for me then 50-feet!

Funny thing...this morning my wife and I were conducting a "water can spray test" on the back window, and the window didn't leak! But, of course, I had the 1/2-inch gap in the seal closed with tape!

I need to drag a water hose out to the Scamp and do a better test. Not a high-pressure test, just a better water flow test.

Seals do need replacing, but, now I believe my main leak is coming through the spare tire mounting! Not a Scamp Mfg. tire mount!

So much to do...so little time...

Bill
Old 03-28-2015, 08:38 PM   #11

Name: MEX BOB
Trailer: Perris pacer
California
I think McMaster Carr sell it also 1/8x1/8x1.25 ! If someone has extra they want sell and the side window seal ! Pls let me know
mexbob5150 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp