Scamp 19 Updated Decor/Mods to Date - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2015, 05:49 PM   #1

Name: Sally
Trailer: Scamp 19' Fifth Wheel
Florida
Scamp 19 Updated Decor/Mods to Date

Ok, we posted just before Valentine's Day that we were interested in seeing a Scamp 19 up close and Dick and Joanne were kind enough to invite us to Scamp Camp and show us around. A short time later, they upgraded so they gave up the opportunity to purchase their 2011. Strangely enough, a fab truck had simply fallen into our laps when hubby said.."Let's just go look...not buying right now!"

So the modifications began as we decided that as our retirement home, I could play as never before:

Here are the first postings of Lucy The Scamp... The bedroom is still a work in progress but Dick had done a fab mod of putting in a regular mattress already for us. The cabinets were the brown woodlike contact paper stuff but I wanted to add a bit of color to accentuate the curtains. I had two full panels made for each side to match the original but decided I liked the scale of one panel. I also have a blackout panel made to go inside. The headboard is not quite finished but I wanted to get an idea of what it would look like. If you recognize the fabric, you are remembering the wallpaper from Blanche's room in the Golden Girls series. It actually came from a famous wall covering from a Beverly Hills hotel in the 1930's. I fell in love with the fabric (the wallpaper was 600.00+ per roll..) and it is treated to not fade from the sun.

We still have more to go but I will add updates as we go.

I have not done any of the sewing this time although, I have 2 machines. I am just too busy at work so I found a fabulous seamstress named Betty Love on Facebook nearby and she has been a dream to work with!!

Thanks for looking!!
Sally and Kyle
Attached Thumbnails
20150321_162300.jpg   Bedroom Before.jpg  

Green Bedroom Cabinets.jpg   Bedroom in progress.jpg  

SallyBEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 05:52 PM   #2

Florida
Kitchen Cabinets

You can see what color the cabinets were but I wanted them to be white so we painted but leaving the dark brown fuzzy mitered edging and purchased fabulous knobs in lots of different colors to add a bit of interest.
Attached Thumbnails
Kitchen Before.jpg   Kitchen Cabinets After.jpg  

Old 05-16-2015, 06:08 PM   #3

Florida
Living Room Progess

The living room needed a bit of a Bahamian flavor to match a lovely stuffed bird that will live there.

We wanted a very low table that we could use for food but also as a base when we wanted a u shaped sofa. Hubby sanded, stained and polished some stunning wood so that it evoked the feeling of the wood you find in the boats he grew up with. As a surprise, on the underside, he added our wedding pic and a pic that gives the image of a tree carving. I love it!

He replaced the living room cabinet doors with some fabulous molding/crown molding and stained the ridges a slightly darker color to compliment the piping put on by Scamp. The knobs were added to represent the knobs I remember in my grandparent's apartment in the Bronx where my mom grew up. He added a fabulous shelf across the front and a friend gave us the wicker baskets so I could add a bit of texture. He built the shelf from scratch and I love it!

The fabric is Tommy Bahama and Ralph Lauren again sewn by the fabulous Betty Love! Still a work in progress, I am having Betty make some additional pillows in a linen and we are adding new drapes. Hubby is starting to make the new curtain rod tomorrow.

It is getting there!
Attached Thumbnails
Living room table.jpg   Living Room Before.jpg  

LR Cabinets Before.jpg   Glossy Table.jpg  

LR Cabinet after.jpg   New Living Room Shelf.jpg  

Table Carving.jpg   Living Room is getting there.jpg  

Old 05-17-2015, 04:45 AM   #4

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Very nice and colorful....
Old 05-17-2015, 05:47 AM   #5

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
This is terrific! You are truly making your Scamp unique to you. Please continue to share pics
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eco, scamp