Scamp curtains... - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-22-2014, 01:17 PM   #1

Scamp curtains...

I am looking to make new curtains for my 16 foot scamp. How many yards do I need? Does anyone know? Thank you.

Stay at home mom... New owner of a 16 foot scamp . Excited to make it cozy for my family.
leprakans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 01:54 PM   #2

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
The answer is going to depend on what width of fabric you plan to use and how many windows are in your Scamp & the year of your scamp - they changed windows over the years. Also how full you want the curtains to be and what you will be using to hang them as well as how far below the window will all enter into how much you need.

Normally you would need 2 to 2 1/2 times the width of the widow if you are not wanting them to not look overly stretched out when closed.

You may want to consider lining them with a drape as well if you want them to have a finished look and hang well - not to mention it will save the sun from fading them out. I have found the kind that has a finish on one side of it to stop the curtains from absorbing moisture from the windows work the best.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 03:39 PM   #3

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Curtains

Quote:
Originally Posted by leprakans View Post
I am looking to make new curtains for my 16 foot scamp. How many yards do I need? Does anyone know? Thank you.

Stay at home mom... New owner of a 16 foot scamp . Excited to make it cozy for my family.
Ginny made new curtains for our Scamp 16 and used the old curtains as models and backing for the new curtains. It virtually doubled the thickness of the curtains and was easy to do.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 03:44 PM   #4

Thanks!

Old 11-24-2014, 12:27 PM   #5

Name: Jeff
Trailer: 17' Big Foot
British Columbia
curtains

I ended up using pre made curtains from a JYSK store. I cut and sewed to make them fit. They where at least 1/5 the price of the material. They also had way more designs for my wife to choose from. I had to go back and buy more because I scrapped some, not knowing that they need to be 2x the length of the window. Have fun.
Jeff T H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 12:42 PM   #6

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff T H View Post
I scrapped some, not knowing that they need to be 2x the length of the window. Have fun.
Jeff do you mean 2x the width rather than length?
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 12:45 PM   #7

Thank you!

Old 11-24-2014, 12:48 PM   #8

British Columbia
curtains

yes
Old 11-24-2014, 02:58 PM   #9

British Columbia
curtains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
Jeff do you mean 2x the width rather than length?
So that's how the quote works. yes the width.
Old 11-25-2014, 11:26 AM   #10

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
'So glad to hear you will be making new curtains! They can totally change the look of and personalize your interior. While you are at it think about making pillows and comforter. They don't have to match and they all make a fashion statement! (Can you tell, I'm a "glamper"?) I prefer to sew curtain end panels. They take up little fabric, are a breeze to make, they change the look in a flash and the light colored main curtains (These are the original Scamp curtains) allow for a light interior even when closed. Most of all the print does not overwhelm the small space of the trailer. Although it can be hard to find, you might want to use 100% polyester fabric commonly found on tablecloths or shower curtains because the interior of these little FGRVs can get damp. (The original Scamp curtains are made of 100% polyester)

As you can see, furry friends don't take up much room and can add to the ambiance. The bear zips open to reveal a fleece blanket, so it's dual purpose. Fleece makes great seat covers and blankets or bedspreads. See my attached photos and look up my previous posts for more information. I'll be happy to advise if you send me a PM (private message).
Attached Thumbnails
SCAMP Southwest Decor 2013 003.jpg   SCAMP Southwest Decor 2013 004.jpg  

Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 11:41 AM   #11

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
You can also buy "Café" length curtails ready made. They fit three of our 13' FGRV's and two mini-motorhomes perfect with only shortening needed in one case.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp