Scamp Entry step options? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-25-2013, 04:07 PM   #15
Name: Steve and Rosemary
Trailer: 89 Scamp 16 ft side toilet
That's a great idea, too, Byron. I like the ramp idea. Maybe I could make a box like Doug's but do it as a big triangle instead of a rectangle. Hmmm.... now you've all really got me thinking! My husband doesn't know it yet, but he'll thank you.

SERENITY 1989 Scamp 16' Side Toilet | Steve, Rosemary, Maude Pod & Tripawd Hope | Next trip: The Weber for some fishing
Moab Maiden Voyage 03/10 * The Swell 5/26/11 * Antelope Island 12/31/11 * Strawberry Res 6/12 * Whitney Res 6/14 * Uintahs 07/15
Steve and Rosemary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 07:03 PM   #16
Name: Pam
Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Any of these step options can be slippery for a dog, but you can add a low-loop pile carpet to it for traction.

Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:16 PM   #17
Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
I did something similar to Dougs, but made of wood. 6" board sides, plywood top, rubber stair runner on top. Flip it upside down just inside the door with two screw type stabilizer jacks, handle for the rear stabilizers, few short boards for leveling, and a fire extinguisher inside it. Fire extinguisher sets outside next to door at campsite.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 10:07 AM   #18
Name: David
Trailer: Shopping
Appreciated all the comments and descriptions of how you have managed the step for your RV! I have ordered the Scamp trailer step and will consider making an auxiliary step.
Dsironi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 11:24 AM   #19
Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
[QUOTE=Steve and Rosemary;427393The exercise step is a good idea but might be too slippery for her..[/QUOTE]

If the none skid finish on it isnt enough you can by from places such as Home Depot - none skid strips (found on wood stairs) that stick on & are weather proof (or at least some are).
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:03 PM   #20
Name: Russ
Trailer: Scamp 16' side dinette
When I purchased our 2003 Scamp it had a factory installed step that had been dragged over a curb and bent back about an inch. It always hung up and was difficult to use. After 2 years of swearing at that thing I finally removed it, straightened it out, painted it and put it back on. It now is so nice to use, I can't believe I let it go for so long. It's great..
ruscal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:13 PM   #21
Name: Byron
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 13' towed with a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4.7l Magnum W/full tow package (over kill)
In front of door

When camped I have large door mat and the steel step with folding legs on top of the door mat. The step holds the door mat down and provides 3" to 4" of step.

Does double duty.
Attached Thumbnails
Scamp step.jpg  

Byron & Anne enjoying the everyday Saturday thing.
Byron Kinnaman is online now   Reply With Quote