Scamp Fishin (wires) - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-31-2013, 03:19 PM   #1

Name: asdf
Trailer: asdf
Alabama
Scamp Fishin (wires)

So how do you fish wires under the rat fur? There are many projects I would like to do but many require fishing wires.

For example, I'd like to add a car stereo. I'm leaning towards placing it sink side, in the overhead above the sink. Wherever I put it I have to fish speaker wires to the other side of the Scamp.
jwcolby54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 03:28 PM   #2

Name: Ted
Trailer: (Dark side)Crossroads Now
Glade Valley, North Carolina
Dang I was looking for a great fishing story or picture.
Old 08-31-2013, 03:55 PM   #3

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
I used a fish tape and followed Scamp' wiring route along the floor or through the cabinets
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 04:42 PM   #4

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
For AC runs I use the floor cabinets. For overhead runs, all 12 volt, I have overhead shelves starting with the one over the door that go from the couch all around the trailer through cabinets or shelves back to the front of the trailer.

As well there are a couple of instances where I have wires that run on the bottom of the trailer. One example is the cable for the TV which just runs along the bottom to the rear of the trailer.

In another case I wanted to take an AC line from the breaker box to the couch for a wall outlet box and an outlet box for the Convertor. In this case I ran the AC under the doorway incasing it in a plastic run and attaching it to the bottom of the floor. When I drill a hole thru the floor for wires I paint the inside of the hole and fill it with goop after I run the wire. I use all 14 gauge AC house wire with ground because it's easier to run and wire. My four breakers are all 15 amp.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 07:27 PM   #5

Name: Tom
Trailer: none
Minnesota
Registry
When I added a 12 volt circiut in the cabinet over the sink drilled through upper cabinet into refrigerator cabinet then down to floor and ALL the way around to other side to fuse block going through under sink cabinet and both rear dinette seat cabinets. Putting a circuit in rear overhead cabinet, I just peeled back that 2 in or so wide strip of rat fur back corner, ran wire and re-glued rat fur
Hambone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 12:27 AM   #6

Name: Dennis
Trailer: Scamp 16'
Utah
Registry
I added an auto stereo-in the sink cabinet also, just to the right of the sink. I put the speakers in the wall of the closet and storage area and ran the wires around the back with the original wiring. I was able to tuck the wires between the wall with the rat fur and where the closet walls connect so you can't see the wiring except where it comes out to the speakers. I will eventually enclose the back of the speaker(in the closets) with a 1# margarine cup-painted(just fits-will hot glue it to the walls).

Tags
scamp