Old 04-30-2013, 11:02 PM   #15

Name: Lora
Trailer: 89 Bigfoot 17G & 73 Compact II
Northern Neck, VA
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTTRV View Post
Another type of square cable hatch.
Looks like a round hole in a square hatch.
And, since we are talking about these hatch covers. The last trailer I used had the round hatch. I noticed that one of the little pegs that is supposed to snap down to keep it closed had broken off. The two square hatches seem to use a different mechanism for closing. Any comments on experiences with the different mechanisms?
And, can the second one be closed when the cord is extended (is there an opening in the cover?)

Old 08-03-2017, 08:30 PM   #16

Name: Judy
Trailer: 13' Scamp "La Cucaracha"
Texas
Registry
Door for the Scamp cord port...and rubber closure things...

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
Yes there is a door for the cord port . I replaced mine -Not hard to do- Cost about$7.00
I know this is an old thread, but I've looked and looked and cannot find a replacement door for the cord port; it's completely missing. Can you tell me where you found yours?

Also, 3 of the little rubber grommets that turn to keep the big doors on the electrical switches on the outside secure are gone. Suggestions? I didn't find anything like them on the Scamp website.

Thanks for any help! / JC

Old 08-03-2017, 10:54 PM   #17

Name: Jack L
Trailer: Bigfoot B-17 CB
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC_In_Austin View Post
I know this is an old thread, but I've looked and looked and cannot find a replacement door for the cord port; it's completely missing. Can you tell me where you found yours?

Also, 3 of the little rubber grommets that turn to keep the big doors on the electrical switches on the outside secure are gone. Suggestions? I didn't find anything like them on the Scamp website.

Thanks for any help! / JC
Please post pictures.
Old 08-03-2017, 11:48 PM   #18

Texas
Registry
Pictures of port and panel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack L View Post
Please post pictures.
Actually, I'm only missing 1 of the grommets, but it's getting hard and may break. It's about half an inch wide, and when you turn it so that the horizontal ridges are vertical, you can pull the panel off.

I don't know why they're appearing sideways (tilt to the left to see them properly); in the preview, they were correctly situated.

It's nighttime, so if you need better pics, let me know.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1171.jpg   IMG_1172.jpg  

Old 08-04-2017, 12:08 AM   #19

Name: Jack L
Trailer: Bigfoot B-17 CB
Washington
https://www.amazon.com/RV-Designer-C...tor+vent+latch

http://www.rvplus.com/zebra-rv-acces...All%20Products

https://www.amazon.com/rv-power-cord...20cord%20hatch
Old 08-04-2017, 12:19 AM   #20

Texas
Registry
[QUOTE=Jack L;654347]https://www.amazon.com/RV-Designer-C...tor+vent+latch

So sorry; I should have posted the inside view, as well. The whole thing is about an inch ~ front outside to inside rear.

Oddly, when I turned the front from horizontal to vertical just now, I found that the inside does not move at all, so it must be more complicated than just a little rubber thing. The front part apparently locks over something in the horizontal position.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1173.jpg   IMG_1174.jpg  

Old 08-04-2017, 12:21 AM   #21

Texas
Registry
ZEBRA RV ACCESSORIES RM208P - Zebra RV Accessories Cable Hatch Polar White RM208P - RV Plus

Yay! This is the cord port I need! Thank you very much!!
Old 08-04-2017, 12:27 AM   #22

Texas
Registry
I just tried it again ~ to see if the inside just compresses to hold it in, but ~ no, turning the front part actually locks something. It won't come off unless it's turned to vertical.

Hope I don't have to buy a whole new panel to get it right; I'm just afraid it's going to fly off going down the road.
Old 08-04-2017, 12:56 AM   #23

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006
California
Quote:
I just tried it again ~ to see if the inside just compresses to hold it in, but ~ no, turning the front part actually locks something. It won't come off unless it's turned to vertical.

Hope I don't have to buy a whole new panel to get it right; I'm just afraid it's going to fly off going down the road.
Turning that 90* left or right locks the vent cover in place. There is nothing but plastic to plastic contact. They can be a bit stubborn to turn once in a while but a quarter works pretty well in the slot. Some members keep a few extras on hand....just in case. BTW, if you should have one break while out camping, I'd take the cover off and stow it away so it doesn't sail away somewhere.
Old 08-04-2017, 01:44 AM   #24

Texas
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borrego Dave View Post
Turning that 90* left or right locks the vent cover in place. There is nothing but plastic to plastic contact. They can be a bit stubborn to turn once in a while but a quarter works pretty well in the slot. Some members keep a few extras on hand....just in case. BTW, if you should have one break while out camping, I'd take the cover off and stow it away so it doesn't sail away somewhere.
I would gladly buy some extras, if only I could find out where to buy them. I only have the one on this panel. Do you have a link? I could not find them anywhere on the Scamp site.

Thanks, Dave.
Old 08-04-2017, 04:33 AM   #25

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006
California
Quote:
I would gladly buy some extras, if only I could find out where to buy them. I only have the one on this panel. Do you have a link? I could not find them anywhere on the Scamp site.

Thanks, Dave.
I don't have a link but I would think most RV stores have them as they are somewhat common now. I do believe Little House Customs carry them and they are a member of this site.
Old 08-04-2017, 07:21 AM   #26

Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Are those turn latches on the vent cover by the fridge? On our Casita , after removing the cover, there are two places where a screw can go into at the bottom of the part that is attached to the trailer (the frame for the cover) I drilled two holes in the cover at those locations so I can put in sheet metal screws for extra security to hold the cover on. I don't trust the plastic latches. As for the cord port, I bought one on eBay, then found it didn't fit the hole in the trailer and had to order another the correct size, so you need to know the hole size
Old 08-04-2017, 08:14 AM   #27

Texas
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
Are those turn latches on the vent cover by the fridge? On our Casita , after removing the cover, there are two places where a screw can go into at the bottom of the part that is attached to the trailer (the frame for the cover) I drilled two holes in the cover at those locations so I can put in sheet metal screws for extra security to hold the cover on. I don't trust the plastic latches. As for the cord port, I bought one on eBay, then found it didn't fit the hole in the trailer and had to order another the correct size, so you need to know the hole size
No; it's a Scamp, but yes ~ it's the outside fridge control cover. I'll look into the sheet metal screw fix, and I'll be sure to measure the cord port. Thanks!
Old 08-04-2017, 09:24 AM   #28

Texas
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borrego Dave View Post
I don't have a link but I would think most RV stores have them as they are somewhat common now. I do believe Little House Customs carry them and they are a member of this site.
Thanks, Dave!

Wish there were "like" or "thanks" buttons for these threads. I feel guilty if I don't acknowledge a good suggestion or answer. Having a couple of acknowledgement buttons would make the threads much shorter, IMO.