Scamps Rear Overhead Cabinet in a 1974 Boler - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2012, 10:55 PM   #21

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Jeff, are you going to the Tin Can in September? If so bring one of the cabinets if you wish to sell them off.... you have a very interested party for a front one! :-))

PS you missed a fun time last week-end!
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 12:39 PM   #22

Name: Jeff
Trailer: 1977 13-foot Scamp
Washington
Yes!!! I forgot you once said you would like a front overhead cabinet.

I will definitely be in Lynden in two weeks and will bring one of the cabinets for you!

I will modify the other one to fit the front of my trailer and make a new rear one.

Looking back, I should have come up to Demming but was going to come up on Saturday morning so one day with everyone just didn't seem worth it. I'll try to make up for it by going to Susan's Tin Can event at the Sons of Norway next year if she does it. Then hopefully another less windy Scramble Eggs meet after that.

See you in Lynden,

Jeff
Jeff Richardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 05:06 PM   #23

Registry
Thanks Jeff, only wonder if it will fit a 92 16' any better .... suppose we will find out soon enough. There will be a couple of other 13's there to sample it on, as well as a few Boler 13's. You might want to talk to Rick (will be at Lynden) about how he built/or had built his trailers rear cabinet - looks really good - seem to think it was made or at least in part with sheet metal painted to look like fiberglass.

Sorry you missed Deming - lots of fun - very hot high 90's in the shade so time spent floating in the river and then all invited to a strangers wedding and danced our flip flops off. Great time, open bar, live band - true story - another very memorably meet which will be relived around the campfire in the years to come! This seems to be the year for those!
Old 08-24-2012, 08:27 PM   #24

Name: Jeff
Trailer: 1977 13-foot Scamp
Washington
Yes. Hopefully it will fit.

I did not get the doors or hinges with these cabinets. That dropped the price $13.00 off each cabinet.

I will make my own doors. I'm leaning towards solid cherry wood frames and cherry veneer inserts. The fake wood grained vinyl covered particle board doors and table must go!!!!! YUCK!

Great idea of trying it in other trailers such as the Bolers.

I want to see how it fits the front of Brandy's 1977 13-foot Scamp if she is there. It has the plexiglass window instead of the one that opens like mine. She has an original rear overhead cabinet. A picture of it is below.

Detailed pictures will be taken and shared on this site to help others.

I've never looked inside Rick and Helen's blue Boler. I'm hoping that is the correct names of the owners. Is that the one you are suggesting I look at? It sounds interesting.

I'm looking forward to hearing all about Demming. I won't miss it again!

Jeff
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5755a.jpg  
Jeff Richardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 12:23 AM   #25

Registry
No problem re door. Yes the 77 Scamp will be there as will the Blue Boler along with a few others so there will be lots of ages/models to try it out on if it doesnt fit mine.

Tags
boler