Screen for door - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2015, 06:08 PM   #21

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
Our cabinet has custom wood shelves without a lip. It would be impossible for us to load the shelves to eliminate things banging on the door. We need a latch that engages and stays locked. I found some more photos of the screen door, sans bungee cords.
Attached Thumbnails
Doug's art and Scamp 036.jpg   SCAMP Interior October 2011 001.jpg  

Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 07:27 PM   #22

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilda View Post
Our cabinet has custom wood shelves without a lip. It would be impossible for us to load the shelves to eliminate things banging on the door. We need a latch that engages and stays locked. I found some more photos of the screen door, sans bungee cords.

Where there's a will there's a way. Putting a lip on the shelves is an easy job. But, it like your stuff banging into the door keep the bungee cord or add good lock and hasp, complete the Red Green look.
Old 09-09-2015, 01:28 PM   #23

Name: John
Trailer: Surfside
Ontario
Registry
I have one on my trailer now. The one I purchased is from a dollar store. It works well but I have had to replace once this year as my daughter ripped the first one. Given that she is 7 years old I figure I am doing great only having to replace it it once this year. Total cost $6.00. A good low cost solution from my experience.
The screen worked fantastic this summer in Algonquin Park> we were there in July and the black flies were still quite bad. The screen was very effective in keeping them out of the trailer.
John T
Bushman-esq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 01:34 PM   #24

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Aluminum magnets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron Kinnaman View Post
WOW! where did you find aluminum magnets?
Byron, I guess you've been retired too long.....

Little, thin steel plates attached to the aluminum.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 06:12 PM   #25

Name: Meghan
Trailer: Play Pac
New York
Registry
Great replies! I have to sit down and read through some more. I bought one but it got put on the "to do later" list. I had too many other great camper ideas to do before this weekend!!! Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Meghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 05:55 AM   #26

Name: Barbara
Trailer: 1977 Trillium 4500
Quebec
Ian - Love your flooring! Is it a floating floor? If so, how did you fasten it down - I assume you have a fiberglass floor like we do in our 1977 Trillium 4500. Your Boler looks fantastic! Good friends just bought an old Boler in pretty rough shape. I'm going to show them your photos to inspire them!
BarbieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 09:52 AM   #27

Name: Bill
Trailer: Had Scamp 13'.
Oklahoma
Registry
Would it be possible for someone with the "Scamp" style screen door to post some photos showing the hinges, and two photos showing screen door open from the inside and outside?

Thanks,

Bil
Bill Nolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 10:07 AM   #28

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Bill, I added a Scamp like door to our Scamp 16. I added a pine board to the side of the cabinet shaped to the Scamp's curve and one one the couch side of similar shape. I connected the two across the top with a 1x3.

I then built two screens that are connected in the middle with 4 small hinges. I connected it to the pine board on the closet with two larger hinges. I have a couple of magnets that hold it in place when it's not open and a couple that keep it closed.

If you get serious I can provide more detailed pictures. It works well, is very light and very thin. The hardest part is the curve, mine's not perfect but it works great..

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...-46387-37.html

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 02:23 PM   #29

Name: Bill
Trailer: Had Scamp 13'.
Oklahoma
Registry
Thanks Norm!

I now have all the information I need thanks to the information and photos in the link you provided, along with the information in the above message.

Best wishes,

Bill
Bill Nolen is offline   Reply With Quote