Sewer Hose Holder - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-21-2006, 10:28 AM   #1

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft
Send a message via AIM to Slocamper
I believe I read on here before that someone used 4 inch vinyl fence posts for a sewer hose holder that connects to the rear bumper. That seemed a little cramped for me. So I bought a 5 inch vinyl post which I think is perfect. It is large enough to hold the hose and the connectors at each end very easily. I drilled holes in the side of it and on the back bumper and bolted it on. Then for the ends I used the vinyl caps for the posts that push on each end. I drilled a hole through the top and bottom of this assembly and use a long nail (about 8 inches long-galvanized of course) to drop down through the holes and then a 1 inch piece of small hose to push onto the pointed end of the nail to keep it there. The white vinyl bumper actually looks good - after all all the new cars have plastic bumpers.
Attached Thumbnails
Scamp_hose_holder.jpg  
Slocamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 04:20 PM   #2

Trailer: Boler Honey
what a great idea, and so simple! This doesnt rust like the metal bumpers do. Easier to sanitize. I love this site and the great ideas. Even if I don't have a fiberglass egg yet, I'll use these ideas for my stick and tin trailer till I can find my own egg. Thank you all!
lwehrly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 04:35 PM   #3

Trailer: 2005 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Send a message via Yahoo to Al V
Might be a whole lot Cheaper then 4 Inch pumbing stuff to boot

Al V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 09:28 PM   #4

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
I believe I read on here before that someone used [b]4 inch vinyl fence posts for a sewer hose holder that connects to the rear bumper.
That would be me. It replaced the wood 2x4 that the previous owner installed there. The 4" size is just big enough for the hose & fittings... I do have to feed it in carefully, though. The curb-side end of mine looks identical to yours. On the driver's side end, I use a rubber bumper plug from Camping World.
Attached Thumbnails
trailer_back.jpg  
Old 04-10-2006, 09:09 AM   #5
Suz

Trailer: 1989 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
I used the 4" post cover to make a carrier for my sewer hose extension. The fittings on that hose will fit, however, the one on my regular sewer hose will not. I have a clear elbow that won't fit in either one. I'm still working on it.
Suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 09:12 AM   #6

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft
Send a message via AIM to Slocamper
The reason I used the 5 inch is so it would fit any hose ends. I couldn't seem to get the "L" shaped end into a 4 inch one very well. And it is much longer than that little tiny holder they put on from the factory that won't hold a hose long enough to go anywhere and then where do you put your end fittings? You can get the vinyl fence post from a fence installer. In my case I got lucky and bought a remnant for almost nothing and I think the end caps were a couple dollars apiece. Then I installed the caps and drilled a hole through the cap and pipe on top and bottom so that the long galvanized nail would drop down through them. To attach it to the bumper I drilled a hole on each end and also through the rear bumper of the Scamp and attached it with stainless steel bolts and nuts (I think I used 3/8 inch)and large stainless washers insite the hose holder. Put the heads of the bolts inside with the hose and the thread end with nut on the trailer side. It is easier on your hose that way.
Slocamper is offline   Reply With Quote