Sewer hose ramp suggestions wanted - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-29-2008, 09:19 PM   #1

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
I've been searching for a photo I spotted on FGRV of a series of 3 or 4 homemade pvc pipe frames somebody used to ramp their sewer hose down to the drain. I'm tired of using rocks, logs, and piles of dirt. I'm not jazzed with the folding frame gizmo's because the Casita drain begins the journey so low anyway that the folding frame things don't seem to do much good.

Any help is appreciated!

Here's to many future happy dumpings,

Greg
Greg Janke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 10:30 PM   #2

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Greg keep in mind that the gradiant need not be very steep for that hose to work correctly.

Too steep of an angle and the liquid waste gets flushed quicker than the more 'solidified' particulant.

There has to be a happy medium to get everything moving TOGETHER from point 'eh' to point 'bee'.
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 04:27 AM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
I've been searching for a photo I spotted on FGRV of a series of 3 or 4 homemade pvc pipe frames somebody used to ramp their sewer hose down to the drain.
Greg
I know the posts you were talking about, but it wasn't here. It's on the CasitaForum. Here you go: Sewer hose support. The only reason I know it, is I had spotted the info a long time ago and bookmarked the URL for future use... aren't you lucky Jack posted some pics of the support in use on page two.

Now, after you get yours made, please take pics and post the info here

For everyone else, you'll need to be a member of CasitaForum to view the topic.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 05:08 PM   #4

Couldn't find what I was looking for so I set out to "create" an idea I thought I'd seen elsewhere. Here's a portable and adjustable sewer hose ramp made out of a couple bucks worth of pvc pipe parts. Nothing's glued together so I can pull out the legs and replace them with larger (or smaller) ones as circumstances dictate. A little hard to do a test run in the driveway (neighbors might object) but we're off tomorrow on a 3 nighter for a test under real world sewer pipe conditions.

Greg
Attached Images

Old 08-31-2008, 05:40 PM   #5

Ahhh, did you not click the link I provided? Or are you not a member of CasitaForum?
Old 08-31-2008, 06:11 PM   #6

DonnaD,

I guess I wasn't clear. What I was hunting for was an adjustable frame to use to hold up the pipe and it's cradle on their journey to sewerland. Without the help of rocks, dirt, and logs, merely attaching the cradle to the trailer and sticking the other end in the hole created a "bow" that merely trapped the liquid in the middle. Thanks for your help in pointing me in the right direction.

In any event, I made what I was thinking about and it seems like it's going to work fine.
Old 09-01-2008, 07:02 AM   #7

Greg, I see that now. It appears Jack uses velcro straps to hold one end at the dump valve and made the PVC long enough to sit on the lip at the sewer connection. Your solution to hold the ramp looks like a good solution! Thanks for posting the picture.