Shelter Shapes Next to Trailers - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2013, 06:23 PM   #41

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
I might try that with the Bed Risers. The only thing is making the trailer more vulnerable to wind.

Although I keep looking at alternatives to the popup canopy, anyway, since it is so dagnabit hard to set up when alone.
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 07:42 PM   #42

Name: Diane
Trailer: Casita, previously u-haul ct13
Virginia
Bobby, I set mine up alone all the time. There is a trick to it, I have posted the trick before can't remember where but here goes:
For the single person you need a hammer and one peg. Get the thing out and stake one leg. Then pull it at opposite corners untill it's all pulled out. Then while the legs are still down, put the top on and click the top up, on each corner first. This is entirely backwords from the directions on these things but it works so much better!!!
Then drop the legs a little at a time going from one to the next until they are up.
Easy pesie, the single person's way.
And on the bed risers, just stake the Ropes on the corners of the shelter. Both of mine have ropes, mine are made by Quest. Got them years ago at Dick's Sporting Goods. I am sure you can come up with a way to make it work for you.
D Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:04 PM   #43

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Diane,

Kevin put some kind of gutter over the door on our Uhaul. Our FirstUp fits and sits into that groove when we prop it against the door. Granted it does not stop all water, but it keeps a lot out, because it keeps it tighter. We have wind curtains that we use for lighter rain and even too much sun, in addition to the bug screens. When it is raining hard, Kevin covers the whole screenhouse with tarps. We had a storm at Blue Licks, KY last summer that knocked out the campground water due to a fallen tree, but our screenhouse was nice and dry. We like camping with it, as it gives us so much more room. We just got back from a week and a half when we did not put it up. We survived, but we are happier when we don't have to assign the end of the camper that one of us can be at and have the advantage of the additional space.

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 03:28 PM   #44

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
Lightbulb

Just a ramble on the way through : )

Cari and i had a Napier Outdoors brand "Sportz Truck Tent"

(_link to similar model we had in 2007_) They have various sizes and for some who are into more off-grid style having a two room tent attached might be the ticket.

And here is a side view attached to rig...could this be the side of an egg with some sort of rain gutter attached for the fabric tunnel to grip?...

We loved ours out the back of the truck canopy on our Tacoma.

I know on our model the vestibule/tunnel was ~6'W x ~6H with about ~15% more flex room if needed due to go over full sized pickup. We tested it on the back of our Van and it fit snug around the hole back end of our full size chevy and we could open one or both doors. It might just be big enough for use around our relatively small egg-doors(?). When not attached to the rig it is a fully functional tent.

Thom
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote