Shelving under sink? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2014, 01:54 PM   #1

Name: Linda
Trailer: Burro 13'. 1982
Montana
Shelving under sink?

Anyone with a 13' Burro tackled the space to the left of the refrigerator/ice box? I want to do two things.

1). Put up some type of wall that blocks any bugs or cold air coming from the vents behind refrigerator...
2). Make the space useable! Right now I just stuff things in there and they end up sliding to the back of the camper (I retrieve them by lifting the seat cushions). That's a lot of wasted space.

Thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks!
Lfoxmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 10:04 AM   #2

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
I assume the Scamp has a similar icebox install as the Burro. I wrapped Reflectix ( a kind of mylar-look bubble wrap) around the accessible top and sides of my icebox and fastened with duct tape. Behind the icebox I stuffed polyester stuffing (used for pillows) in net bags (lingerie bags or homemade) for insulation.

To the left side of the icebox, in the cabinet, I store things in plastic shoeboxes. Mine came from the Container Store and they come in men's, women's and 1/2 sizes (accessories). They are easy to put in and take out. I use the 1/2 size in the front without the lids. They hold my canisters when traveling. When camping they are out on my counter. http://www.containerstore.com/shop?p...2shoe+boxes%22
Attached Thumbnails
Doug's art and Scamp 033.jpg   SCAMP Interior October 2011 039.jpg  

Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 10:07 AM   #3

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
You might want to check that the space behind your refrigerator needs to be vented. My trailer has a passive ice box, so it's not an issue.
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vin