Shower/ Bathroom installs in 13 ft anyone? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2006, 10:46 PM   #21

Trailer: 1972 Boler 13 ft
Jaye,

Several of us have set up this type of shower. Try doing a search and also check out Ken James' web site. I know he has pictures of his setup.
Barbara Gardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 01:52 AM   #22

Trailer: Two 13 ft Scamps
Registry
Thanks, I found his pics here if anyone else is interested:

http://community.webshots.com/album/145203904pQUXfI/2 and that is very much like what I am thinking of.

Quote:
Jaye,

Several of us have set up this type of shower. Try doing a search and also check out Ken James' web site. I know he has pictures of his setup.
jaye580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 02:35 PM   #23

Trailer: Burro
Quote:
For the last couple of months I have been thinking about extending the closet in my love bug and converting it to a shower/bathroom. I know that the bathrooms on the 13ft trailers is usually made in the front, but I need the bed for my boys. Has anyone ever attempted or thought of doing this? If so, or even if not what are your ideas and or comments on this type of a project? Heres a sketch of what I'm talking about..
I put in a water heater and outside shower, works great juts got back from a month in Alska Wayne PS see it under (barbq)
wayne s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 07:22 PM   #24

Trailer: U-Haul 16 ft Vacationer
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Quote:
I put in a water heater and outside shower, works great juts got back from a month in Alska Wayne PS see it under (barbq)

Just adding my 2 cents worth... We added a when-you-need-it shower right in the middle of our 13' Burro. We bought two standard length heavy duty shower curtains, 4 screw-in hooks, 4 S hooks, and heavy duty cotton rope. I installed the 4 hooks, two on each side of the upper ceiling across the room from each other. Then, I ran the cotton rope through the shower curtain grommets, overlapping the curtains to make sure there wasn't a gap. (Some people may need 3 curtains). I tied the S hooks at the appropriate places and then tied the rope together, making a complete circuit around the top of the curtains. The S hooks are then attached to the screw hooks, with the last one needing a slight pull. The result is a fairly rectangular shower with a curtain that almost reaches the ceiling. The curtains are tucked into a large plastic tub from Wal-Mart, that can double as a carry-all when not used in the shower. The tub is about 6 inches deep, so no water splashes out. It can easily be slid out the door and emptied when finished. We are using the Coleman battery pump to power the shower, which uses a hand-held sprayer. No problems so far, and it can be put up and taken down easily and hung out to dry. I didn't put a PVC rack on the ceiling for the curtains because I'd hit my head on it all the time.
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 09:28 PM   #25

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Here's one of my favorite type of shower when camping.

[ATTACH][/ATTACH]

And if there isn't a shower around there's often a bathtub like this.

[ATTACH][/ATTACH]

There's a couple draw backs, but they soon out weight problems with hot water heaters, pumps, battery usage, etc., etc., etc.

1. Soap's a no no. But that's ok, a good rinse without the soap is almost as good.
2. The water is sometimes very refreshing.
3. If there's other people a swim suit might be necessary.

Sounds like a good trade off to me.
Old 07-21-2006, 10:29 PM   #26

Trailer: 1978 Trillium 15 ft
Send a message via ICQ to Ken James
We did indeed put a shower in our unit. It's based on the Coleman battery-operated pump. However, the key for us was the PVC frame we made and how we hung it. You might check out the Trillium album on our web site below. The picture here will show you the PVC frame in place. Those are stick-on coat hooks that hold the frame to the closet. The frame merely sits in the cradle of the hooks and can be lifted out and taken down readily. Voila! No sign of a shower room!

Good luck with yours.
Attached Thumbnails
Shower_stitched.JPG  
Ken James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 08:18 PM   #27

Trailer: Two 13 ft Scamps
Registry
Quote:
We did indeed put a shower in our unit. It's based on the Coleman battery-operated pump. However, the key for us was the PVC frame we made and how we hung it. You might check out the Trillium album on our web site below. The picture here will show you the PVC frame in place. Those are stick-on coat hooks that hold the frame to the closet. The frame merely sits in the cradle of the hooks and can be lifted out and taken down readily. Voila! No sign of a shower room!

Good luck with yours.

This is the PERFECT solution. I am going to copy it!!
jaye580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 12:20 AM   #28

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Wow, I saw your slide show, what an adventure! You did an excellent, excellent job. How on earth did that little Scamp wind up so abused? Here I was calling MINE "oldy moldy" but it's in excellent shape by comparison. I paid $1800 for a '75 Boler that was used as a hunting rig, sitting out in some field, but it has potential, too. Are you going to repaint the exterior? I love your stenciling, I'm definitely doing that on my seams...great idea.
I'm thinking of the mini-bathroom, too...bonding plastic to extend out the closet forward, I paced it out, and though it'd be a tight space for a toilet/shower (20"X33), you could sit and wash yourself and your hair (that's the part I can't go long without). Because I'm petite, it'd not be a big deal---but these trailers really weren't built for big people (no offense) in the first place. My friend >6' tall looked hunched, cut his thigh on the table squeezing in, but I can stand up, no problemo. I'm investigating rigid plastic sheeting that I can manufacture into a closet extension, and then cut the front out of the old closet. I don't know where to get something like 4'X8' sheets of white PVC, but I'm scouting. Glued and braced, with a drain floor and rubber flange, graded, I could line it ahead with that rubber they put under shower pans, so it didn't leak into the cabin, I'd have to put in the plumbing first. Since I want my bed to be a permanent bed, with some kind of storage underneath, the fact that you have no access to the left side of the table is no big deal---I just want to put in a tray for the gaucho. It's all pie in the sky presently, but it's fun to dream of the 3-D possibilities of our own personal little space. There's a lot of folks on here that are experts at mechanical, electrical, plumbing...I know houses a bit so that helps, but there's a learning curve for this little trailer, most definitely. Anyway, great work.

Quote:
I was thinking of doing something like this in my 13' Scamp, but I haven't worked out all of the details yet. I was thinking about making a rectangle suspended track on the ceiling out of PVC, that a couple of shower curtains could hang from for a complete enclosure. I could either take them down when not needed, or just push them back against the closet. For the shower floor I am thinking (don't laugh too hard) of an inflatable kids pool. The smallest I could find. Blow it up when needed, and when its not it won't take up any space at all. Plus, I don't have any black or grey water tanks in my trailer, so what ever I use I am going to have to cart away to empty and I figure this will work as well as anything else cause I am not planning to take really long showers here! So just another idea to toss around.

BTW- what are you going to do for water supply and does your trailer have a water heater already?
Suzanne P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 01:32 AM   #29

Trailer: 1975 Trillium 13 ft / Chevy Astrovan
Ever since I saw Ken James' shower set-up, I've been thinking about how to make something work in our Trillium.

Toying with 2 ideas for the water:
1. A Sunshower that I just fill up with warm water and hang from a high hook.
2. An insecticide?/herbicide? pump-up spray can. We used this for outside showers when we traveled in a teardrop trailer to Alaska (and never left) back in 1979. Before we left Idaho, I bought a new one just for this purpose, and it worked well. Just spray yourself.

But I definitely want to rig up shower curtains and plastic bin (?) inside for upscale warm and bug-free showers! Ahh, the little luxuries...
Connie M. is offline   Reply With Quote