Shur Flow pump add on - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-20-2008, 12:59 PM   #1

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
I had a surpump put in for the shower drain and sink... they had redone the shower drain which was find, but the sink if any water was in it kept backup up thru the floor.
even tho you cant see it.. they put this nice enclosure around it. Its accessible to clean the filter ......

Name:   surpump_box.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  21.3 KB

even tho I do have RV antifreeze put in I am putting some cardboard around it tonite as this week its to get into the "teens'..... cardboard makes pretty good insulation...
Christi V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 07:00 PM   #2

Trailer: 1994 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel / 2001 4wd 6cyl Silverado
I recently tore out the bathroom floor in my 94 5th, removed the awful looking canvas wall. installed a new shower wall and I dropped the floor approx 6 inches, built a box and fiberglassed it drilled a drainhole and painted with gelco, the walls were covered with fiberglass re enforced plastic panels, recently installed a shurflo 2.8 gallon water pump underneath, and will hope for the best Paul

Paul and Libby Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 08:03 PM   #3

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
Paul.. i am sure you did a great job... and everything will work good.. should have showed some pics...!!

My bathroom has that horrible elephant skin on the bottom half on one wall and in the back of the toilet. i dont like... but its in good shape so I will just leave it. I scrubed and cleaned it up really well when i first got the trailer so its tolerable..

I do like the box they put around the pump.. then its not exposed to the outside of the trailer and will keep it alot cleaner and protected from road grime or whatever.. My trailer is a 89. At this point I have to say its probably been 98 % redone on replaceing and repairs!
Christi V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 08:47 AM   #4

Trailer: 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe 2008
Quote:
My trailer is a 89. At this point I have to say its probably been 98 % redone on replaceing and repairs!

Well, you know the old saying that a hammer will last forever if you just change the head and handle once in a while.

Mike
Michael J is offline   Reply With Quote