Old 02-07-2011, 11:08 PM   #15
Trailer: 13 ft Compact II
Nice Job!

francene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 04:37 AM   #16
Name: Marjie
Trailer: Trillium 4500
New York
Really really beautiful, it all works! The colors, the sun logo, the wood, the craftsmanship. Total harmony.
I'm inspired....

Rarebird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 06:25 AM   #17
Trailer: Bigfoot
Truly a thing of beauty. I really like the way the grain on the door panels matches the cupboard wood. I hope the manufacturers read the forums for research. This is, for me, pretty much the perfect layout for this size of trailer.
Cam A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:55 AM   #18
Name: Cindy
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Just exquisite! I would just hate adding all the stuff you need for camping to that piece of art! Looks like you need to camp in a tuxedo.

CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 04:42 PM   #19
Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 16
You did a great job. We just bought a new Scamp, but I can see that I have a lot that needs to be done to improve the storage.
skephart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 06:00 PM   #20
Name: Dan
Trailer: 1976 Scamp 13 ft "Siesta"
Skephart, thats great news on getting a new scamp. I bet your just waiting to get a chance to be out in it, I know I am. Over the next month we will be figuring out how to put everything in ours. We usually car camp, and now not having the sleeping bags, tent, cots, sleeping pads, 2 containers of cookware, food containers, cloathes bag, shoe bag, extra blankets and pillows in the car, we should have a little more room in the back of the SUV. I'm just happy to not pack up all this stuff every time we want to go, besides not having to worry about having a soggy tent to dry out.
DannyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 06:04 PM   #21
Cam A, I tried to use all the cut pieces of wood I could, and ended up using all the opening cuts for the doors. Thanks for noticing the wood grain match, I had to mark all 13 doors to keep them staight and then make sure I put the hinges on the correct side.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:47 PM   #22
Name: Pam
Trailer: U-Haul 1985
So Beauuuutiful. Excellent work!!
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:26 PM   #23
Name: Randy
Trailer: 1975 Boler 1300
Very well done sir. A showpiece.
Randy D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:52 PM   #24
Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Very attractive and highly functional. The folks at the factory could take lessons from you.
To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven... --Ecclesiastes 3
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:58 PM   #25
Name: Clive
Trailer: Boler American #3104
Definitely a work of art! Beautiful! I wish I had those skills and the time and patience!

I have one question about the insulation if I may. How is it insulated? It doesn't look like ensolite.
CliveAlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 09:52 PM   #26
CliveAlive, it is insulated with 3/16" FBC Ensolite from IR Specialty. I then put on 6 coats of tinted Zimmer Perma-White paint. I don't think it's as tough as a vinyl lining, but I only ended up with 2 small seams doing it this way. I also tested multiple glues and couldn't find one that I was happy about in testing putting on a Vinyle liner. While installing the cabinetts I dropped one and put a tear in the Ensolite, but was able to smooth some caulking on it and after 2 coats of paint your can't see the tear. I figure every year or two I'll check for problem area's and caulk and paint. The other thing that caulking does is re-inforce the area. I think using the FBC only shoes more of the bumps of the fiberglass, but I can live with it. The paint seems to take to cleaning up very well.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:29 PM   #27
Name: B
Trailer: 1973 13 ft Compact II
The finished 'product' is so beautifully 'pollished' and 'chock-full-of-storage". For those of us who don't have these BUILD-IT skills, we are in total awe of your quality workmanship and innovations.
Just like Donna D., I can't wait to meet you and the wife @Stub Stewart this me an extra large size drool bib, 'cause I'm gonna need it!!!
PS If only we could hook-you and Robert Johans up together in his EggPlant business, we'd travel days and weeks to have you service our trailer modification needs!!!! I hope Robert will also be at the Spring meet so the two of you can meet and get high talkin' trailer mods!
bbuehler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:08 PM   #28
Commercial Member
Name: Robert
Trailer: Nest Caravans
Okay, Danny, I can see that it is time for me to hang up my tool belt!

Great job. I love your attention to the details.

Robert Johans is offline   Reply With Quote