Silverware drawer (s) loose 2002 13' Deluxe Scamp - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2016, 09:04 PM   #1

Name: Jeffrey
Trailer: Interested
Washington
Silverware drawer (s) loose 2002 13' Deluxe Scamp

Both drawers )(under sink and stove top) are wildly loose and wobbly and only held in by the prong latch. Both mount okay on the center rail but seem to be missing side rails and drawer stops. If you pull the drawer out too far you own it. Seems to be missing side rails. Anyone out there have a deluxe model (birch in my case) and can either describe how or show a picture of how the drawers are supposed to be mounted correctly? Looks like a plastic device of some sort once was stapled to both sides of the drawer on the drawer's front frame support? Thanks.
jefflarsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 12:36 AM   #2

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Hi Jeff, you might get better answers by posting a couple pics of what you have.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 06:31 AM   #3

Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borrego Dave View Post
Hi Jeff, you might get better answers by posting a couple pics of what you have.
Thanks Dave. Scamp is at storage. Will post a couple Sunday or Monday.n
Old 08-12-2016, 07:01 AM   #4

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Jeffery
I have the same issue with my deluxe. Scamp only uses the bottom center slide with what looks like a plastic C clip as a drawer glide, really no real drawer stop. You can do like they do in the std. trailer for drawer stops. They install long screws on the upper inside of the drawer sides to catch the inside if the cabinet face, or make some flip up drawer stops.
I'm sure the make a better bottom center drawer slide with a good drawer stop. I will look at them the next time I go to the hwd. store.
Eddie
Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 07:28 PM   #5

Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Longest View Post
Jeffery
I have the same issue with my deluxe. Scamp only uses the bottom center slide with what looks like a plastic C clip as a drawer glide, really no real drawer stop. You can do like they do in the std. trailer for drawer stops. They install long screws on the upper inside of the drawer sides to catch the inside if the cabinet face, or make some flip up drawer stops.
I'm sure the make a better bottom center drawer slide with a good drawer stop. I will look at them the next time I go to the hwd. store.
Eddie
Thanks Eddie, I'm poking around next week for a better solution too. Gotta be a better way to mount those two drawers. This could be a Scamp mission.
Old 08-14-2016, 11:36 AM   #6

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
You can make or purchase replacement slides and guides. If you are not handy with tools any experienced, professional handyman service can replace the worn slide and/or guides for you with nice new functional ones. Or you can even buy bits and pieces of the slides such as the plastic guide pieces.

For instance here is a hardwood center slide from Rockler with an option for buying just the guide pieces or the wood and the guides. The plastic guides can often be found in the local kind of hardware stores where they have small bins full of all kinds of household hardware replacement pieces. Even Home Depot carries the replacement plastic guides. It is a very common problem so there are ready made solutions available for just a few dollars.
Center Track Drawer Slide and Slide Glides | Rocker Woodworking and Hardware
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp