Since everyone is posting table mods - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-06-2006, 08:40 PM   #1

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
My personal dilema:

Not wanting to lose the table space a full time bed would remove, but also not enjoying the large table and set up time to make the bed in the evening. Wanting to keep the Guacho as a sofa and have the under seat storage for the, er, "Facilities" at all times.

My accidental solution:

Saw one of these two seater cleverly collapsable tables at an RV show. They are intended to use as a TV tray, or a portable laptop table. Deep enough for two people to sit at the ends and have a meal, but not so deep as to take up ALL the dinnette seat when in the "Up" setting.

Just so happened, it was a perfect width for my evil plot.

Click image for larger version

Name:	table_up.jpg
Views:	473
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	2074

The legs collapse INWARD, so there is no shifting of the table to get it to break down. The locking hinges are on the CENTER of the legs, and not the top. It's real easy to just click and drop.

BUT, since it isn't exactly wide enough to fit in the seat slots for support, nor is it deep enough to make much more than a single bed at best, I had 2 1x6s cut to width for the seat slots. The table long edges rest on the 1x6s, giving me nearly an extra foot of depth.

Name:	1x32s.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	2075

Next, I drop the seat backs as usual and roll out the bedding that is stored in the useless dead space on the rear seat of the dinnette. Regualar bed, quick and literally painless set up.

If I don't want a table there at all, I can collapse it completely and set on the bedding, making a side table for both dinnette seats. I am short, and can actually stretch my legs out on the seats while sitting with my back against the bedding. A larger person may be able to as well, if they sit more upright. Makes a GREAT TV watching position, and I don't lose my guacho as a nap spot or pooper hider.

Name:	sidetable.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	2076

Here is the table in actual use (Not pretty! Neat nicks.. you have been warned!!!)
Attached Thumbnails
trailerdesk.jpg  
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 12:07 AM   #2

Trailer: 2000 19 ft (formerly 17 ft) Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Nuestra Casita') / 2000 4WD V8 Tundra
Send a message via Yahoo to Kurt & Ann K.
Gina,
Good pictures, but why aren't you in them, demonstrating the TV watching position, etc?
Kurt & Ann K.
Kurt & Ann K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 06:00 AM   #3

Trailer: Boler 1984

Name:	PICT0006__1.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	2080
Yours looks great. I want to eliminate the bunk and add a small table and am looking at all the pictures I can find. sometime I'll get around to finishing the project . I think it's like my wood carving, the wood dictates. I lurked for a couple of years until I could post a proper picture. Now I'm really hooked on this site. Here's a shot of my inside shelves.
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 06:09 AM   #4

Trailer: 73 Surfside 14 / '05 Magnum RT AWD
Very nice looking table.

AND

I love that shelf idea. even has a lip to keep things in.

Jana J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 07:05 AM   #5

Trailer: Boler 1984
It's just a piece of modular closet shelving picked up at a yard sale turned upside down Being able to see through it doesn't close the trailer in. Had to bend the back edge up to fit this side. Leave one end a little long, push all the way in, then pull back to fit other end. No other fasteners needed.
Paint to match cupboards. Please wife. Have a good day.
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 01:32 PM   #6

Trailer: 2007 17.5 ft Bigfoot (25B17.5G)
Registry
Gina,

I see the tell-tale Dr. Pepper so I know the photo is "genuine Gina". Now that you have this latest addition, does this mean that you no longer want my Bigfoot?
Ron N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 02:21 PM   #7

Registry
Oh, I still want the BF.. BUT.. it has to come with the tug..

will you take $39.95?????
Old 04-07-2006, 06:07 PM   #8

Trailer: Casita
Where do you purchase one of thesee tables. Looks good for small space. Thanks.
Dwain T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 08:10 PM   #9

Registry
They are called Spider Legs Tables. Thier website seems to have dissapeared, but I found a place that sells 4 versions of them. Maybe they can help with the smaller one.

I found mine directly from the manufacturer at The Big LA RV show. They had a vendors booth there.

I did NOT pay the prices this site is asking, but it was spendy anyway. I recall an 85 dollar figure for the "Computer/ TV Tray" model.

Spider Legs Tables
Old 04-07-2006, 09:27 PM   #10

Trailer: 2007 17.5 ft Bigfoot (25B17.5G)
Registry
Well, you need to add a comma and a zero!! All yours for $39,950!!
Ron N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 11:23 AM   #11

Trailer: Outfitter Caribou 6.5 ft Truck Camper
Great pictures! I remember when you described this mod and I really could not picture it---now it is clear.

Also, I remember your trip to buy the 1 X 6s and getting them cut to the right size----great story.

Diane

P.S. Is that a 12V fan on the floor? If so, how well does it work?
jdtrotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 11:52 AM   #12

Registry
It is an Endless Breeze fan from F.Fan. Works great!

It has only failed me, sort of, in the high desert in the 100+ degree heat during mid day.

Otherwise, it keeps the trailer to *my* degree of comfort. (I don't like "chilly")

Uses very little juice. 1.2 A on the high setting. I have light bulbs that draw more than that!