Sink drain valve - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-14-2006, 09:54 PM   #29

Name: Myron
Trailer: 19' Escape
NM
Registry
Is there a vent cap on the container ????? .....Mon, I 'tol you it was Canadian made, so of course there is a vent cap on the container. Looks kinda like a nipple.

By the way I just looked it up in Webster's Dictionary and the sole response to "grey" is... "a varient of gray."

My friend Al in Pittsburg pronounces it "ruff."

Old 02-15-2006, 11:06 AM   #30

Trailer: 74 13 ft Boler and 79 17 ft Boler
Hi, the second part about the vent....does it have a shut off that`ll close the vent all by itself, so water can`t escape and run all over the floor, if you accidently overfill the container? Sometimes things happen....if it was outside the trailer it wouldn`t cause any damage, just overflow, but inside, it could possibly water damage something...just food for thought I suppose........Benny

Old 02-15-2006, 04:30 PM   #31

Name: Myron
Trailer: 19' Escape
NM
Registry
Uhhh.....I know what I'll do. I will put a ping pong ball inside the 6 gal jug. If the water ever gets that high it will float the ball up into the white nozzle (see pix) and clog it, so all additional water would back up in my sink, telling me the jug is full. Some drops of water might drip out of the nipple before that happens, but of course I will be watching out all along how much water we are using. Likely not that much. Barring unsupervised use by teenagers, or having a senior moment, this plan should prove foolproof.

Rube Goldberg roll over!