Size of Scamp 13' windows... - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2017, 06:24 PM   #1

Name: Karen M
Trailer: Scamp
Connecticut
Size of Scamp 13' windows...

Does anyone have the measurements of the 13' windows? I would dearly love to make curtains!
Thanks, Karen M
Old 02-08-2017, 09:43 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
What year trailer? Depends on whether for jalousie windows or radius.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 06:44 AM   #3

Connecticut
scamp13' windows

Hi, Donna,
Thanks for picking up my thread! We ordered our new baby (13' standard, big bed, no bath), in November, 2016, and will not even have her until July at the earliest. I was hoping to get the window measurements ahead of time so I can start my sewing. I am (obviously!) beyond excited, teetering on the edge of obsessed...
Thanks,
Karen M
yankeecampergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 09:25 AM   #4

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
I believe you can find the dimensions of all the windows in the parts section of the Scamp website.

A thought... I myself dislike how Scamp installs curtain rods using rivets that go through the shell. If I were ordering a new trailer I would have them leave off the curtain rods altogether.

Of course, then you'd have to figure out alternatives. If it were me, I'd use IKEA components to suspend a wraparound curtain rod from the rear side cabinets to cover all three dinette windows. Then the curtains could pull back into the corners for wide open views. Another member screwed brackets into the window frame to mount regular curtain rods.

We don't use a curtain on the front picture window at all- it gets in the way of the upper bunk sleeper. We just hang the gravel guard when we want privacy. On the door, you could use Velcro attached to the rat fur lining.

Again, just ideas... I understand you may not want to begin your ownership of a brand new trailer with a project!
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 09:42 AM   #5

Name: Susan
Trailer: Scamp 13' Bunk Bed September 2017
Washington
Window Sizes

YankeeCampgirl,
Hi. I asked Nick, my salesman at Scamp, this same question a few weeks ago and he went out and measured them all for me:
"The first measurement is going to be left to right. The second one is going to be top to bottom. This is about the measurements I came up with.

24"X 18" The 2 rear side windows
43" X 19" The rear window
16 1/2" X 16 1/2" The door window
37 1/2 X 19" Front window"

And Gilda kindly gave me the measurements of her actual curtains because then I couldn't figure out lengths and things and right now I'm can't find where I stashed them. I'll find them and post when I can.

I'm doing the same thing while I wait to pick up my 13 ft' in Sept.
Spokane Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 09:50 AM   #6

Washington
Length of Curtains

Yankee...,
Just found Gilda's PM (she sent me so much wonderful info -- really helps!) and her curtain length is 25 inches when hemmed and finished off.
Old 02-09-2017, 10:43 AM   #7

Connecticut
Thank you so much, Sue! This is perfect! I have fabrics for a quilt as well, and need to know how much to put aside for the curtains. We are home for a snow day here in Ct, so I can start working on it RIGHT NOW! Sweet!
Old 02-09-2017, 11:35 AM   #8

Washington
Snow Day!

I'm home for a snow day, too. I have out a bunch of fabric for things in my house and for things for the RV. So we think alike!
Old 03-10-2017, 08:07 AM   #9

Name: Jim
Trailer: 2016 Scamp 13
Minnesota
Thanks for posting the window sizes. We are making curtains for our 13', and it is incarcerated in storage and inaccessible until May 1. I didn't think to measure the windows before we put it away, just the curtains.

To the original poster - *maybe* someone will cancel and your delivery date will move up. It happened to us in 2016, and I hear that this happens occasionally. We got moved up from August to June. Good luck!
jkruzitski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 09:21 AM   #10

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
One hint which may delay making the curtains...
We used the fiberglass curtains which came with our Scamp as lining material for our custom curtains. This has given greater privacy and has protected the material of the custom curtains from sun and condensation damage.
Our trailer is nearly 13 years old and the curtains still appear new.

Another point, the walls of your Scamp taper outward as they descend.
So leave a little extra at the bottom for the hem until you get the trailer.
This will allow for minor variations in the placement of the curtain rods as well as full coverage of the windows
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp, windows