Small upgrades - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-16-2018, 11:19 AM   #1

Name: David
Trailer: 2013 Scamp 13 S1 BB
IL
Small upgrades

I have not come across any pictures of the stainless contact paper on the forum. I used it on the refrigerator this weekend, i think it came out pretty decent. I am going to look for an actual stainless insert eventually, but for the time being this will have to do.

I also invested in a plastic bag holder by camco and a plastic bag storage holder from Menards, they both feel right at home on my smaller closet/pantry.

Also, added a decorator outlet with usb ports for when on shorepower and it seems my coleman oven should work on the scamp stove. I'll have to monitor how hot the area gets if I do decide to use it indoors, may have to put down some foil to help keep the heat off the fiberglass.

Lastly, i purchased some peel and stick backsplash tile from HomeDepot and I think it will be a good match to the scamp. I am going to attempt to use a 1/16" plastic shower wall from Homedepot over the ratfur for the tile backing. That probably won't get done before my first roadtrip in 2 weeks, but I'll be sure to post results when i'm done.

Planning plenty of other mods, but time only allows one or two things at a time. Next big project may be to paint the cabinet doors, we are thinking something bright like a teal.
Attached Thumbnails
20180415_122439.jpg   20180414_170944.jpg  

20180415_155204.jpg   20180414_122846.jpg  

20180407_144841.jpg   20180413_182838.jpg  

Gompka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 01:54 PM   #2

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
I just installed one of the USB outlets in our Campster, upgrading an existing one. It's a great idea and got tested on our trip this weekend.

I've used the peel and stick backsplash in a previous RV to update the decor in the kitchen, bath and bedroom. It worked well and my wife wants me to use what's left over on the Campster. We don't have the challenge of rat fur. You do need a clean smooth surface but it is very easy to install.
Dave Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 02:12 PM   #3

Name: David
Trailer: 2013 Scamp 13 S1 BB
IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Fish View Post
I just installed one of the USB outlets in our Campster, upgrading an existing one. It's a great idea and got tested on our trip this weekend.

I've used the peel and stick backsplash in a previous RV to update the decor in the kitchen, bath and bedroom. It worked well and my wife wants me to use what's left over on the Campster. We don't have the challenge of rat fur. You do need a clean smooth surface but it is very easy to install.
Yea, i have another plan for the smooth surface part, i picked the peel and stick mostly for the weight. I'm trying to do some updates while not adding too much to the overall weight of the camper.
Gompka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 06:26 PM   #4

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Looks great
alan H is offline   Reply With Quote