Smart TV weight - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2019, 08:45 PM   #1

Name: Steve
Trailer: Bigfoot
California
Smart TV weight

I want to hang a small smart TV on the TV holder that came on my BigFoot 25FB. Anybody know the weight limits on the holder?
Igo96047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 10:48 PM   #2

Name: Bueno
Trailer: 2020 Bigfoot 25RQ
California
As manufacturers use parts from third party vendors it would probably be best to identify the mount and then check with the mount’s manufacturer. Failing that I would email Grant at Bigfoot RV.
Bueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 10:53 PM   #3

California
I did about 10 days ago before I left on a trip but never heard back. I am more concerned about it pulling out of the wall than the mount failing. I'll try emailing Grant tomorrow he is usually pretty good about getting back.
Old 05-17-2019, 05:38 AM   #4

Name: John
Trailer: 2019 Oliver Elite II
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igo96047 View Post
I want to hang a small smart TV on the TV holder that came on my BigFoot 25FB. Anybody know the weight limits on the holder?
If your talking about a factory installed TV bracket then I would think the TV's of today, 20/24" models would all work. Like someone said, it all in the bracket mounting to the trailer for strength. If it's a Bigfoot factory mount just get a TV equal in weight to what Bigfoot sells in that weight class. I purchased a 24" LG Smart TV for around $140, you can get others for less then $100 just about everywhere that sell TV's.

trainman
trainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 08:58 AM   #5

Name: Russ
Trailer: 2020 25 RQ
British Columbia
That's a great question about the bracket support. I am now wondering if it's a universal mount to accommodate a variety of TV models(?).

Those who have the 25 RQ, what size TV did you install?

I look forward to the response from Grant.
Russ Foster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 09:04 AM   #6

California
Looks like the mount is a universal mount so that isn't a problem. I think what I have in there now is a Naxa but can't play mp4's and I don't watch network TV anymore.
Old 05-17-2019, 10:20 AM   #7

Name: Henry
Trailer: BigFoot
Tennessee
I have a 2019 BF 25RQ. Installed a Jensen JTV24DC in the front near dining table where the factory placed the TV mount. The mount seemed very secure.

Would have bought the larger Jensen, but it stuck out too far when the mount is retracted.

WE do not have a TV in the bedroom yet.
Rzrbrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 07:13 AM   #8

Trailer: 1986 Boler 1300 Voyager
Registry
I recently nixed my TV and switched to using a tablet computer on a wall mounted tablet stand. Now I stream directly into the "TV". Less wires, clean look, Netflix and YouTube!
Markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 10:25 AM   #9

Tennessee
Markz, very interesting idea. Verizon limits us too quickly and we like to get the news. We have 2 phones and a Jetpack (broadband stand alone). We max out on all three by the end of the billing period.

What service do you use, particularly on the road? Or do you use the free campground service some offer. We just find the free places to be spotty at best.
Old 07-11-2019, 07:25 PM   #10

Trailer: 1986 Boler 1300 Voyager
Registry
You can try the Free WIFI at campsites but I find streaming on those to be frustrating.
My Verizon family plan includes unlimited internet $50/month; yes it costs more but I use it all the time now.
Markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 07:53 PM   #11

Tennessee
Markz, we have unlimited data, but the streaming maxes out at 15 GB each, then it gets throttled back to S-L-O-W. We have 2 phones and a jetpack, each has 15GB, and we use it all. We run out about the third week of the billing cycle. It costs us about $245/mo. We also have 2 other phones on this bill: So 4 phones total and the jetpack.
Old 07-11-2019, 11:50 PM   #12

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzrbrn View Post
Markz, we have unlimited data, but the streaming maxes out at 15 GB each, then it gets throttled back to S-L-O-W. We have 2 phones and a jetpack, each has 15GB, and we use it all. We run out about the third week of the billing cycle. It costs us about $245/mo. We also have 2 other phones on this bill: So 4 phones total and the jetpack.
Maybe Verizon is telling you its time to unplug and get outside and enjoy some fresh air and look at the mountains and wild life in person without using a screen
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 01:39 AM   #13

Tennessee
Probably right, but at the end of a long day we like to relax. We don’t do campfires, prefer breathing fresh air, so it is sometimes nice to just watch a flick. Wife likes to watch the news on TV, I prefer reading about it, when I choose. I don’t think of what we do as “camping”, maybe exploring, maybe RVing, but not camping. Backpacking is camping. I’m not trying to get away from things, but rather trying to get TO things, so to speak.
Old 07-12-2019, 07:22 AM   #14

Name: Russ
Trailer: 2020 25 RQ
British Columbia
We ordered a 25 rq but eliminated the T.V. in the bedroom. But having the T.V. at/near the dinette on one of those inevitable rainy days on the Oregon Coast, that's when having the opportunity to watch a movie ( which I don't do at home) is a "nice to have."
Russ Foster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 11:40 AM   #15

Name: Tom
Trailer: BigFoot 25B25RT
Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzrbrn View Post
I have an AT&T plan for a tablet $20 per month "unlimited". You get 22 gigs then it is throttled if you are in a busy area/situation. So I asked the sales person to define a busy area. I was told I would have to be in or near an event like a ball game to be throttled after my 22 gigs.

So far it seems to be true. I can stream YouTube, Netflix, and Curiosity Stream without any problems and I have gone over the 22 gigs every month. I have been thinking about a cell booster for the RV. Oliver offers one but I don't know what kind it is.

I just signed up for AT&T connected car to turn my truck into a hotspot. It has the same plan only $15/month. The real trick is going to be getting the modem in the truck to work while off and locked. I will have to see on that one.

Oh yeah that $20 turns into $23 and change after tax or something.
ThomasC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 03:33 PM   #16

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igo96047 View Post
I have used several TV mounts on trailers with good success.
The more joints they have, the more wobble is built in. One double jointed mount worked fine but required a velcro strap to restrain it while underway.

The best mount I have ever had is the one in my trailer now, it is simple , swings 180° and locks securely , It is home made and pictured below...
It has since been upgraded to a 19" digital.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCF0098.JPG   Pic015.JPG  

DSCF0099.JPG   DSCF0105.JPG  

DSCF0104.JPG  
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 07:18 PM   #17

Name: Bueno
Trailer: 2020 Bigfoot 25RQ
California
I installed a 28" Sharp smart TV purchased at Best Buy for around $100. I installed it on the factory supplied bracket in the dining room. It appears that any bigger than this would stick out beyond the cabinets and into the walkway area.
Bueno is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot, weight