Smev VA8005 Rectangular Sink.... - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2014, 05:45 PM   #1

Name: Clayton
Trailer: 1975 Trillium
Alberta
Registry
Smev VA8005 Rectangular Sink....

I know that there has been some discussion in the past but, I am looking to order a Smev VA 8005 rectangular stainless sink in North America. I am only able to find UK suppliers and shipping costs almost as much as the unit itself. If anyone has some ideas, I would greatly appreciate it!
Clayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 05:54 PM   #2

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Smev is now owned by Dometic you could try sending them an email asking where you might be able to order one in the US
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 05:40 PM   #3

Alberta
Registry
So it turns out this is more of a challenge then first thought. I called Dometic direct and the only sell certain models of appliances retail. The rectangular version of the VA8005 is only sold to manufactures. The problem is most manufactures don't sell parts to consumers. I talked to Joe at Outback / Trillium today and he is going to see what he can do.
Old 10-19-2014, 06:04 PM   #4

Alberta
Registry
Well, I got my sink.......I'm like a kid on Christmas morning!!!
Looks like the size will be perfect. Can't wait to do the install. I had to order it from an RV supply company in the UK but received it in 4 days. I also forgot I had to pay brokerage and duty charges .
Attached Thumbnails
3.JPG   4.JPG  

5.JPG  
Old 10-19-2014, 06:07 PM   #5

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
It's a little late, but Panther RV in Seattle is a SMEV dealer, I have bought several items from them. Also, if you can find a current model camper with the item you want, find a dealer for that brand and have it ordered as a spare part.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 02:58 PM   #6

Alberta
Registry
Hey Bob, I did lots of research on the sink before I ordered it from the UK. Ironically, I found out online that Panther RV is a Smev dealer and I called them. They were only able to bring in the square Smev sink (not the rectangular sink). I called Dometic (Smev) directly and they said that I would only be able get one from a RV manufacturing company. I called a couple of Canadian manufactures and they did not want anything to do with bringing in a single sink for me......to make a long story short, I have it now and I'm happy.
Old 10-03-2015, 02:01 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton View Post
Hey Bob, I did lots of research on the sink before I ordered it from the UK. Ironically, I found out online that Panther RV is a Smev dealer and I called them. They were only able to bring in the square Smev sink (not the rectangular sink). I called Dometic (Smev) directly and they said that I would only be able get one from a RV manufacturing company. I called a couple of Canadian manufactures and they did not want anything to do with bringing in a single sink for me......to make a long story short, I have it now and I'm happy.
Hello Clayton sorry to have dug up this old post a year later. But I was wondering if u had more info on where u purchased the sink, and how much it ended up costing after all the fees u mentioned.
DASez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 03:09 PM   #8

Alberta
Registry
I actually ordered it through eBay.co.uk. The name of the vendor is tech-megastore. The price was 111.59 British Pounds. All said and done it was around $275 Canadian.
Old 10-03-2015, 03:18 PM   #9

Ok thx for that info I'll look into the seller to see if they have more . How do u like it ?

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
DASez is offline   Reply With Quote