Sneak peek at Bean's new paint job! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-18-2010, 04:55 PM   #1

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2004 Element
Registry
Sneak peek at Bean's new paint job!

Stopped in today to see the new paint and decide on how I want the outside receptacles/grates, hinges, etc. painted and where I want the new electrical outlets.

Probably should wait till it's all done, but couldn't----so here's a sneak peek! Definitely gonna need to bring the interior up to a new level!
Attached Thumbnails
P1010017.jpg   P1010015.jpg  

Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 05:14 PM   #2

Trailer: 1970 (Circa) Compact Jr and 1993 Casita
Nice, very nice. Keep pictures coming.
Have some pictures to post but this is a new camera and still trying to figure it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie B. View Post
Stopped in today to see the new paint and decide on how I want the outside receptacles/grates, hinges, etc. painted and where I want the new electrical outlets.

Probably should wait till it's all done, but couldn't----so here's a sneak peek! Definitely gonna need to bring the interior up to a new level!
Ricky 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 06:11 PM   #3
Commercial Member

Trailer: 1988 Scamp 13 ft and 1982 Perris Pacer 13 ft
Registry
Fantastic, Vickie!
Robert Johans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 06:47 PM   #4

Name: Tracy
Trailer: 2006 Egg Camper
Michigan
Registry
Beautiful.
Beadbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 07:49 PM   #5

Registry
Thanks Reitha and all! The bumper will be black, wheels black, hinges and outlet covers black. Was going to have them paint the propane tank, but think I'll get a new smaller, up to date one---don't need quite that much.

I find it fascinating that the color is just about how I like my coffee!
Old 10-18-2010, 08:15 PM   #6

Trailer: Aliner
WOW!!!!! Beautiful!!!!!
Sharon G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 10:28 PM   #7

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Whoa, whoa, whoa! How cool is that? I'm glad to see they removed all the windows and etc. and did not try to paint around them. Looks first class! Nothing like a good, two-part sprayed paint job. Suh-weet!

Couple of notes: Are your hinges the Scamp type ones? If so, I'm not sure I would have them painted, but that's just me. I guess painted hinge-type hardware always says to me "too lazy to tape off or remove when painting" (although clearly that is NOT the case here), and also it seems much more likely to chip. Not a huge deal breaker - just giving you my thoughts.

On the propane tank, be aware that they have to be light colored so as not to get too hot. I think they have to be either white or maybe silver, although it has been awhile since I checked that out.

Did I say "Wow!"?

Raya

PS: I knew it was a good sign when they hated silicone
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 10:33 PM   #8

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Wowza!!!
Old 10-19-2010, 01:50 AM   #9

Name: James
Trailer: Uhaul CT-13
Ohio
Registry
The question begging to be asked is how much did that paint job set you back????
Panoz77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:05 AM   #10

Trailer: 1984 Perris Pacer ('Tillie')
I didn't have the heart to show Tillie (my perris pacer), your pictures...she would be soooo embarrassed!!!!!!!!!
THAT is one beautiful job!!!!!
Vicki A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:52 AM   #11

Registry
Panoz---are you trying to be a party pooper!?!?!? LOL Truth is----I don't know yet! I gave poor Ben (the body shop owner) a "to do" list, which included things he may have to get the help of other experienced people for, so he hasn't given me a number yet. I've known him for over 20 years, so I'm not worried. He did say the paint job would be the largest part of the work and threw out a figure like $2500 (of course it doesn't help when I go in and say "how about the wheels, how about this, how about that.??)
He did say it wouldn't be $9000 like the school bus turned Nebraska Husker tailgate party bus (it looks fabulous!)

Raya---thanks for your wisdom. Although I would have loved to have the tank painted black, I stopped myself and remembered the heat aspect. I had the same concerns about the hinges, too. Still giving that thought--Ben didn't think it would be a problem. Showed me the black hinges on the Husker party bus. (These decisions are driving me crazy---glad I never built a home from scratch!!)

Vicki---I bet Tillie is beautiful! These campers are like kids---they're all cute as buttons! I wouldn't have been opposed to leaving the camper as was and using the super stuff many are using to shine it up-----the pics on that thread are AMAZING! BUT--the decals were looking so shabby and there were chips on the front, I decided "what the heck".

I gotta admit, I think it is going to look so sweet behind the black truck. The BAD news is---now the shabby chic interior just looks SHABBY. Egads---it's the monster that ate Vickie's nest egg!
Old 10-19-2010, 12:47 PM   #12

Trailer: 1970 (Circa) Compact Jr and 1993 Casita
Hi, Vickie, just a note to say I think the inside of the camper is pretty cute. You have done a nice job of decorating.
I do know that the decorating never seems to end-always something new we want to do.
Richard has put in more electrical outlets, fixed the drain pipe and is going to put in a faucet -we didn`t have a faucet at the sink.
I am now trying to find tv trays or a SMALL table so we can leave the table/ bed as a bed and have the small table to use to eat on. Need one that folds up. Bought one at Walmart but it is just a little to big and it is small.
We have our good looking tote-trying to figure how to attach it to the frame in front. We carry the leveling jacks, bungees and those type of items in it.
We were met by 2 deers who came running out between our camper and our daughters camper, the other night. We were going to measure for a stove top cover. Just hope a buck isn`t that close to us. I would have shot them------- but didnt have my camera with me-it would have been a close up-they almost ran me down.

We are now planning our trips for next spring. Can`t wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie B. View Post
Panoz---are you trying to be a party pooper!?!?!? LOL Truth is----I don't know yet! I gave poor Ben (the body shop owner) a "to do" list, which included things he may have to get the help of other experienced people for, so he hasn't given me a number yet. I've known him for over 20 years, so I'm not worried. He did say the paint job would be the largest part of the work and threw out a figure like $2500 (of course it doesn't help when I go in and say "how about the wheels, how about this, how about that.??)
He did say it wouldn't be $9000 like the school bus turned Nebraska Husker tailgate party bus (it looks fabulous!)

Raya---thanks for your wisdom. Although I would have loved to have the tank painted black, I stopped myself and remembered the heat aspect. I had the same concerns about the hinges, too. Still giving that thought--Ben didn't think it would be a problem. Showed me the black hinges on the Husker party bus. (These decisions are driving me crazy---glad I never built a home from scratch!!)

Vicki---I bet Tillie is beautiful! These campers are like kids---they're all cute as buttons! I wouldn't have been opposed to leaving the camper as was and using the super stuff many are using to shine it up-----the pics on that thread are AMAZING! BUT--the decals were looking so shabby and there were chips on the front, I decided "what the heck".

I gotta admit, I think it is going to look so sweet behind the black truck. The BAD news is---now the shabby chic interior just looks SHABBY. Egads---it's the monster that ate Vickie's nest egg!
Ricky 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 01:09 PM   #13

Registry
Reitha---I can't wait till we can get together again to camp! Are you up for trying cold weather camping?????? (You just leave the antifreeze in the pipes)

Have you seen the picture of the table by floyd---it is in the thread about having a bathroom or not. It is darn clever. He uses his stove cover and it hooks on a drawer somehow to make the table. I know you guys could come up with something like that.

My plastic tv tray top with pvc pipe removeable/interchangeable legs should be pretty useful----if I ever get it made. Had to put that on hold when I turned Bean over to Ben for the facelift. Hope I remember what I was going to do

Can't wait to see your camper! Thanks for your kind words about my interior. But I gotta tell you--when I look inside from the outside (the beautiful PAINTED side,) it didn't look so cute! I do have to get over coveting the work of Robert Johans, Mark S., Russl, and all the other uber-talented guys on here! I'm never gonna have what they do, cuz we don't have the skills, and the moola WILL run out! I did see a pic with the cabinets painted black and the doors a light wood that was VERY coffee house stylish. I could just have the lumber yard cut my pieces. We'll see.

Ok, back to decorating for Halloween
Old 10-19-2010, 01:38 PM   #14
Commercial Member

Registry
About painting your hardware... Have you considered powder coating? Lasts a looooong time!
Old 10-19-2010, 01:43 PM   #15
Commercial Member

Registry
Oh, here's another thing...
The belly band on my Pacer was too beat up to keep, and I couldn't find a proper aluminum replacement. Though black in color, Trim-lok makes a great edge trim that did the trick for me. FYI.
Attached Thumbnails
2.jpg  
Old 10-19-2010, 01:49 PM   #16

Trailer: 1985 13 ft U-Haul
No matter the cost (I know, easy for me to say !) that is simply the most gorgeous paint job ever !! You will still be enjoying the paint job long after the cost is forgotten. Lee and Norma
Lee Senn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 01:50 PM   #17

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
I don't know exactly what the Pacer belly joint area looks like, but if it's two outward turning fiberglass lips, then that is similar to the Boler/Scamp style, and Scamp sells the aluminum belly band trim in their parts department.
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 04:17 PM   #18

Name: Steve
Trailer: 1983 Scamp 16
Texas
Registry
Looks great so far! And I really like your color choices...especially the double stripe above and below the belly band. Really makes the silver band stand out, which looks pretty cool IMO. Can't wait to see the finished product, I'm sure you can't either!
Steve in TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 06:06 PM   #19

Trailer: Boler 1984
Is that ever nice! We'll look forward to seeing it when it's completed.
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 07:31 PM   #20

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
OH WOW! I stay offline for a day or so and look what pops up. It's B E A U T I F U L Vickie!!!!!!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote