Spider Cracks - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-14-2013, 08:05 PM   #1

Name: Jim
Trailer: Bigfoot 1981 Trailer
British Columbia
Spider Cracks

Thought this would be interesting. I had a lot of spider cracks in the stone guard, so instead of using epoxy, I thought I would try using 3 coats of Bullseye 123 primer and two coats of interior/exterior latex high performance paint. The results are very encouraging to anyone who has a problem with the cracks. BTW, I hand painted the decals, using a small 1/2 inch artist brush. Click the picture for an enlargement and you will see the cracks in the second photo. The colours are very similar, if not exact, to the original paint thanks to General Paints.
Attached Thumbnails
Bigfoot After Painting 2 001.jpg   Bigfoot After Painting 2 002.jpg  

Bigfoot After Painting 2 006.jpg  
jimmied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:59 PM   #2

Name: Linda
Trailer: '77 Scamp
California
Registry
Really great job on the graphics. Let us know how the paint holds up. I bought fiberglass repair products to fix a spider web on the corner of my coutertop. But I'm also thinking maybe I'll just add a small spider decal over it and make it a feature (LOL).
Attached Images

Otters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:11 PM   #3

Name: Jim
Trailer: Bigfoot 1981 Trailer
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otters View Post
Really great job on the graphics. Let us know how the paint holds up. I bought fiberglass repair products to fix a spider web on the corner of my coutertop. But I'm also thinking maybe I'll just add a small spider decal over it and make it a feature (LOL).
I forgot to mention that I will use Zep Floor Wax Wet Look 3 from Home Depot to bring the finish to a bright shine and protect the finish. Five coats are needed. I could not get a litre of the brown & orange High Performance paint, so used a bath and kitchen latex finish and was told that a wax is needed in order to protect the finish.
jimmied is offline   Reply With Quote