Suger's Scamp Awning - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-18-2010, 02:39 PM   #15

Name: Pam
Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Michigan
Registry
Can this be set up by one lady (and a small dog) ?
What if you gave up a scoshe more space under the awning and moved the trailer further underneath? It would completely shade the top of the trailer that way.
Looks awsome!

Old 07-18-2010, 05:00 PM   #16

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp and 1985 13 ft Scamp
Miss Pam, setting it up was fairly easy with two, I think it could be done with one but I believe a means of a step stool or bucket would be needed for us short folks,

the four arc's are put together and then you have the center cross beam, I believe if you did make the tent cover the whole of the trailer it would be an-advantage, but I see that only the 14' square is only available at this Canadian Tire (what is that? a northern Wally World? ) I dont know if the 14' would work the same. I will this week, take down and assemble if possible by myself and have Adrian take pictures as I do, how's that? Regards SUGER

Old 07-18-2010, 08:08 PM   #17

Name: Pam
Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Michigan
Registry
Heck, you're making me feel guilty - Please don't rush to do the extra work of putting it up yourself just on my account. However, if you do decide that you want to see how/if it can be done, and post photos, that would be very nice of you!
Old 07-23-2010, 06:09 PM   #18

Trailer: 1976 Boler
I just saw a possible solution to your problem on another site. The picture I saw showed a canopy being raised up by jack stands. The jack stands they were using looked exactly like the ones you have on the back of your trailer. I hope that helps!
Old 07-24-2010, 08:38 AM   #19

thanks everyubody for the ideas. I was going for some welded thing, and my friend came up with a real simple one ( he always does that)

it is using sch 40 electical conduit, all I had to do was sand down the exterior to fit into the bottom plate

Name:   IMG_0702.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  7.4 KB

I still have to stitch a piece of webbing to extend the tie-down, and the extensions made the arc a little higher

Name:   IMG_0706.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  8.0 KB

It has rained pretty heavy this week and the event passed the rain test, so it dried out pretty quick and tod I was going to do the tear down and put up seeing it one can do it.

Have a great day suger, p.s just towed scamp II home with the axle raise and a nifty bumper/spare tire added

These things are addictive, then the husbands finds another for sale !!!!!!
Attached Images

Old 07-24-2010, 08:46 PM   #20

Red face

Miss Pam, well I took down the tent and put it back up, all by myself, easy one person job.
For that metter the dog would like watching I suppose.

I did take photos of the process but it was about 15 and I thought the moderators would not like such a long post.

So if anybody pick's one up and wishes to see how to put it up let me know and I will submit the pic's.

happy camping
Old 05-23-2015, 10:29 PM   #21

Name: Rita
Trailer: Scamp
Montana
Hi Sugermc. I really your event tent canopy. Can you clarify if is a 14' tent or larger/smaller? Also, why didn't you just cover the whole camper with the tent vs. modifying it? I've read the threads but didn't understand why you didn't just cover the whole tent. Also, how does it hold up in heavy wind???? It looks great and am hoping to find one?
Old 05-24-2015, 01:19 AM   #22

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006
California
Hi Rita, don't think you'll get an answer from this OP as it's a 5 year post.
Old 05-24-2015, 09:28 AM   #23

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borrego Dave View Post
Hi Rita, don't think you'll get an answer from this OP as it's a 5 year post.
Perhaps not, but you can hope for the best. It hasn't been that long since Sugermc was logged in: Last Activity: 04-06-2015 06:43 AM

Hopefully he'll see this post and answer up. OR, you could send him an email and maybe he'll noticed in his inbox, he has a PM.

Name:   Sugerrmc.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  11.8 KB

Best of luck

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning, scamp