suggestion for lighting trailer interior - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-15-2014, 09:51 AM   #21

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Another consideration when choosing a light level or lumen level is your age .Younger people need less light to perform a specific task then someone like me who is in his 60's
At my age I often wish I had the eyesight and the manual dexterity of a 20 year old . I put a brighter LED lamp in the fixture above the head of the bed just so I could read a book at night
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 05:27 AM   #22

Name: Conrad
Trailer: Bigfoot 3000 & Barth "slide-in" truck camper
Connecticut
When I came back after a five day boat delivery I found my light dead. I swapped a bulb. Still dead. Tested the original. It worked. Turned out my brother switched it off for me thinking he was doing me a favor. I'd forgotten there was an external switch for this light. I've had it on for the last few weeks with no problems. I leave it on day and night as it draws almost no power.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Night Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 06:32 AM   #23

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Steve, We're all LEDs now, partially because their blue(r) light provides a higher contrast for my eyes when reading.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 08:07 AM   #24

Name: Carl
Trailer: 1994 Scamp 16
Arkansas
Where is the best place to purchase good quality LED bulbs for a low price? There appears to be much discussion on the quality of LED bulbs. How can you tell a good quality LED bulb? Is the higher price bulb the better bulb? How can you tell a good LED bulb from a bad one?
Thanks for the information!!!!

If you don't know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else! Yogi Berra
Nut501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 08:56 AM   #25

Name: Rick
Trailer: Burro
Massachusetts
Don't forget about dimmers. If you are handy and are installing LED lights on cabinets with acessable innards, it is easy to wire in 12V dimmers in place of the switch. Be sure to get PWM (pulse width modulation) type for LEDs. We did this in our Burro and love the results We found some puck style fixtures containing 3 very bright warm white LEDs and dim them back to the best brightness for the task.

We also got some of the forementioned LED strips, cut them to length and made a nice custom light strip over the sink/stove area. Dimmable also.

Our lights are 12V only cause we boondock often and they don't consume significant power. Even when plugged in we don't give our 12V lights a second thought.

Rick
rick.a is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, lighting