Hi all! Long time, no post.
I've finally got back to work on the trailer. Been working on it for 6-8 hours a day, all month. I got lucky, and the highs have stayed mostly in the high low 90s most of this month.
Let's see, what did i get done:
Removed and fiberglassed in all windows
, and all the other (8) other holes cut into the body for water, drains, propane
Removed the blue stripes from exterior.
Removed the Copact Jr. signs from the sides of the trailer.
Patched holes in fiberglass caused by the rubbing of the old frame in back.
Filled all the (dozens) of small pits on the front of the trailer caused by flying rocks and pebbles.
Removed the "rain drip edge" over the entry door.
Removed all the marker and tail lights
and filled in the wiring holes.
Filled in all the (dozens) of screw holes left by all this stuff being attached to the exterior of the body.
Fixed both the front left and right corners of the fiberglass caused by former owners driving into walls. The right side you could see daylight, after digging all the Bondo and silicon sealant out.
Fixed the fiberglass over the right top corner showed a crack under all the sealant crap.
Removed all the rat fur (wow, it that a fun job)
Ripped out the carpet, and original linoleum flooring
Ripped out all the remaining wood interior, pluming, electrical
system-- starting from scratch.
Sanded the whole interior, partly to remove the old adhesive, but also to level the fiberglass to make gluing on the insulation panels easier (another REALLY fun job).
Drilled the new holes to mount the body to the new frame.
Finally, today I just just removed the old wheel wells (easier than I thought it would be.)
That's where I'm at now.
Things I want to do this next month:
Fiberglass in the holes left by removing the wheel wells.
I wasn't originally going to replace the wood floor, but after looking at it without everything in the way, I've decided to pull it and lay down new 3/4" plywood.
Bed the body and frame with sealant and finally bolt down the body for good.
Build the new permanent roof and support structure and fiberglass it on.
Sand and paint
So by the end of this next month, I should have the exterior completed and completely watertight. Then I get to think about the interior rebuild details. I'll be starting from a blank slate. I'll probably have to stop again at some point to allow me to save up more money. I estimate I still need to save another $14 grand to finish the project.
Will get some pics up within a day.