And, finally, progress!
I finished replacing the floor some time ago, but really got kinda tired of working on the Surfside
because it had turned into a "mostly Peter's" project instead of a joint project working on "Lynne's project trailer." What changed is Lynne left the job that had consumed the last several years of her life in December 2012, and has been happily off of work ever since. She finally unwound enough to get busy on the trailer this summer. Good thing, too: I was lobbying to sell it because I had gotten tired of it taking up all the room in my shop.
So, here's what's been done:
1) We gutted the trailer and chipped, ground, and cut out the entire, mostly rotten, floor.
2) A new floor has been installed.
3) The deformed sides and roof of the trailer have been re-formed, re-paired, and re-enforced.
4) Lots -- lots and lots -- of holes have been patched or re-configured. Only the door opening is much the same, though even that has been changed because we fixed the body and floor sag that had allowed the front side to sag causing the fiberglass around the top edges to crack. Everything else has been fiberglassed over or altered in some way.
4) New windows
have been ordered and new openings for them created.
5) A new MaxxFan has been purchased and a new opening made for it in the roof.
6) New fiberglass and PVC pipe struts have been installed under the roof to re-enforce it. (A thread on how to do this and how to straighten out a sagging roof is forthcoming.)
7) New ribs have been made and installed to correct sagging in the sides of the trailer. (A thread on how to do this and how to straighten out a sagging door frame and trailer sides is forthcoming, too.)
8) The frame is about to be pulled out from under the trailer.
9) New appliances and other hardware have been bought.
10) We just decided on a new paint
scheme and ordered new paint
More to come . . .