T Funnel Pictures - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2010, 09:36 AM   #1

Name: Tom
Trailer: Scamp 16'
North Dakota
Registry
T Funnel Pictures

I have heard several people on the forums talk about a T funnel they made to make filling their fresh water tank easier. Please post picture of anything you use to make filling your fresh water tank easier. I am starting a list of Mods I would like to complete over the winter, thanks! Y'all are all great and I can't wait to see what is out there.
2005 Chevrolet Extended Cab Silverado
Tezha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 11:53 AM   #2

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
I have never used the on board water system on our Trillium, but other r/v's we've owned I have often used a short piece of white potable water hose, length depending on your needs, but cut the piece from the female end on the hose leaving the female hose fitting with the short (cut off) piece. Often, I've made this cut on a bias to (hopefully) get the water to flow better. Attach this cut off hose to a longer piece to another potable water hose and use this to fill your trailer tank. There are other ways to fill the tank, this is just one idea.
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 05:35 PM   #3

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Tom one thing you should know about Doug is that he will not camp anywhere that they do not do take out food del'v. :-)

I can't help you as to what a t funnel is as I have no idea either! LOL Although I do tend to fill my water tank fairly frequently. I use an attachment that goes onto the end of the hose to do it and it works just fine. You can purchase them from Camping world for about $3. The link is here: Water Tank Fillers - Product - Camping World
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 06:46 PM   #4

Name: Cyndi
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 5th Wheel/2019 Toyota Tundra
Iowa
Registry
No matter how you fill it, where you fill it, it just seems like you shouldn't drink it. And how about those Iowa Hawkeyes. I have seen them loose to lesser teams three touch downs ahead.
Cyndi B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 09:09 PM   #5

Trailer: 2005 16 ft Scamp Side Dinette and 2005 Fleetwood (Coleman) Taos pop-up / 2004 Dodge Dakota QuadCab and 2008 Subaru Outback
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
I use an attachment that goes onto the end of the hose to do it and it works just fine. You can purchase them from Camping world for about $3. The link is here: Water Tank Fillers - Product - Camping World
That's what I use, the one with the shut-off valve. It works great!

John
Radar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 10:34 PM   #6

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
I am just guessing that a T funnel would be a funnel that changes direction? So in other words, you would be filling something where if you used a regular funnel, the funnel's opening would be pointing sideways and not "up" like it should be.

Maybe a T funnel is like if you took a 2-liter bottle and put the small end into the horizontal opening (where the funnel would go) and then instead of cutting off the bottom of the bottle (which would make the opening sideways and duplicate the non-function of a regular funnel), you would cut a hole in the side of the bottle and thus end up with a funnel that "turns" the liquid 90º

Just guessing!

Raya
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 01:02 AM   #7

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Smile Free funnel

I just use what I guess you would call an "L" funnel. I use a soft drink plastic bottle, 12 or 20 oz, washed and rinsed out well, cut an opening in the side with a knife or a heavy scissors, hold the bottle mouth against the tank opening and pour your liquid into the side opening.

If I put in water with a garden hose, I just squirt it in. No adapter needed.

People will sell you things you don't really need if you are observant.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 06:57 AM   #8

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger C H View Post
People will sell you things you don't really need if you are observant.
Kamper Bob posted this on one of the Yahoo Scamp forums:

The Surgeon General has declared that RV parts catalogs can make
you lose all track of time.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 07:33 AM   #9

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
$2.33 for a transmission funnel: Amazon.com: Blitz 06064 Transmission Funnel: Home Improvement: Reviews, Prices & more

"It adjusts to any angle, so you can pour with perfect precision. The funnel is made of durable high-density polyethylene, making it rust- and dent-proof. This extra-long, flexible funnel is ideal for those hard-to-reach jobs. "

If nothing else, maybe it will give you an idea how you can make your own.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 12:42 PM   #10

Name: Tom
Trailer: Scamp 16'
North Dakota
Registry
Thanks, this has given me a lot of food for thought. I'll post once I have a plan on what I'm going to do. But please keep the ideas and pictures coming.
2005 Chevrolet Extended Cab Silverado
Tezha is offline   Reply With Quote