Take heater out of Boler - Now what? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-01-2003, 11:09 AM   #15

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
CO detector

Michele:

Quote:
How many of you have carbon monoxide detectors in your trailers?
It seems very few have added carbon monoxide detectors. Nobody seems to want to add em (on small trailers).

And it's apparently not a problem...... Well, nobody would be left to complain, would they. :o

Commonly found on motorhomes because it's some sort of requirement. I assume due to the engine exhaust being under the living area?!

Old 04-01-2003, 01:21 PM   #16

Hi all
Ches is right, just because the furnace is old doesn't mean they are no good or not safe. This we discovered after yanking ours out. Have it checked by a professional. Most parts can be replaced. The burner on ours was in horrible condition which was one of the reasons for its removal but you can buy new burners we discovered to late. *&%$# Hindsight!

As for storage, we have a 13' Trillium and have more than enough storage for all 4 of us. Years ago when first camping with kids we took just about the whole house with us. We look back and wonder how we ever managed to drag that poor tent-trailer down the road. Over the years we have weeded out most of the un-necessary things and if we don't take the canoe (life jackets) or tents we end up with the one back storage bin empty. Funny how we never miss all that stuff we used to think we needed.
Nancy

Old 04-02-2003, 12:29 AM   #17

Quote:
Orginally posted by Michele Tuomi
How many of you have carbon monoxide detectors in your trailers?
Hi...We didn`t use one last year but I bought a battery powered one to use this year.....I don`t like to use the propane for my fridge when we are sleeping mainly because I worry about the exhaust getting back into the trailer through th window in the area of the vent. Hopefully the detector will sense this exhaust and warn use....Wonder if anyone else has any ideas about this....Benny
Old 04-02-2003, 12:36 AM   #18

CO detector

I have the original WagonMaster furnace/heater in my 30 year old Boler. I had the gas valve replaced a few years ago at an RV establishment. I also have installed a propane gas detector mounted near floor level between the fridge and heater. I purchased a 9 volt Carbon Monoxide detector, which I use at home, but can also use in the trailer. The few times I left the CO detector overnight with the heater running, no evidence of CO. I was poisoned as a child from CO, and recall how sick I became and how glad I was to recover.

Rick
Old 04-02-2003, 07:38 AM   #19

Quote:
Orginally posted by Chester Taje

* * * * * * Hi All
Because it is old does not mean that it is no good.Go to a furnace doctor and have a check up.I go to doctor and have checkups and as Michael says(I am Old As Dirt).

Send it to me if you don't want it.
I'd send you mine, Ches, but it is HEA-VY. had to cut and bend the outside vent thingy to get it out. AFTER spending the afternoon trying to cut apart the vent pipes. with the only success with that being cut up hands, smashed finger, and a chewed up vent pipe I can pick up the heater so its probably under 50 , but I can't carry it very far so it must be close to 50. so the freight would be BAD. it's 2.5 ft deep too 1 ft wide and 1.5 high. (guessing here and I can't convert that)
Old 04-02-2003, 08:45 AM   #20

heater options

Hi. I just returned home with a new (used) Scamp 13 ft. 2002. This camper came without heat. We do like to have heat during the winter months as it does get chilly, especailly this winter. My last camping trip was in a tent camper using a Buddy Heater for heat. Has anyone ever used a Buddy Heater or Dyna-Glo? I would place it where the stove top would be, I don't have a stove! The little window could be opened for ventilation if need be, what would you do?
Old 04-02-2003, 11:39 AM   #21

A *buddy* we talk Buddy all the time. that's why I took out my factory heater. I just bought a Buddy. check this out
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/board/read.php...071&page=1#9405

Tags
boler