Tarp for an awning - ideas - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-04-2015, 03:49 PM   #29

Name: Ellpea
Trailer: Bigfoot
California
Registry
I've been planning to order a Busdepot awning for the Lil Bigfoot... is there any input for the Kijaro Versa? One better than the other?

LP

5 cylinders, 5 speed auto transmission
Ellpea in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 04:29 PM   #30

Name: RV
Trailer: Casita SD17
Florida
Ellpea, I have no idea if I'll like the Kiljaro yet. I just bought it this morning and installed it with double-stick hooks. My wife said ¨no way¨ to the use of the bungee cords on the TT. I'll be using it this weekend and will report on Monday whether my mounting system worked.

My first impression is that the canvas is lightweight but sturdy. It has a waterproof rubbery backing. The pole loops look sturdy. The plastic key clip on one bungee cracked the first time I clipped it. I don't plan on using those clips with the stick-on clips. I like that it folds up into a small bag that fits in the small storage areas on our FGRVs. Those big aluminum retractable contraptions would take up too much valuable space in the TT or TV. It is the perfect length for my 17' TT the long way and would probably be good the short way on a 13'. For $90, it was worth a try.

Old 08-04-2015, 09:04 PM   #31

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 77 Scamp 13
Michigan
Well looking forward to hearing some feed back once you get it out in the "wild".
Old 08-05-2015, 05:22 PM   #32

Name: RV
Trailer: Casita SD17
Florida
I started a new Thread to give greater detail of my Kijaro Versa Shade Version 2.0. I found that the double stick hooks did not work, but I found some suction hooks that worked perfectly. Here is the link to the tread: Kijaro Versa Shade Awning

Here is one picture for this thread. More pictures and parts list are posted in the new thread.
Attached Thumbnails
kijarofront.jpg  
Old 08-06-2015, 01:57 PM   #33

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 77 Scamp 13
Michigan
So who that has been there & done that knows if I want a 90 degree or a 45 degree awning track?

I'm thinking 45 degree since it will be up on the curved wall of the scamp but am hoping one of the folks that has done it before will know for sure.

I'm going to order track and do a rope & pole awning off of a track mounted with VHB 5952 tape unless someone talks me out of it right quick.

I'll still have a large tarp for big shade or table rain fly but for state park and appearance a 6'6" x 8' awning seems like the way to go. Even considering a little less than the 8 foot due to the small size of the camper.

Tags
awning