Teardrop American - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-18-2012, 08:20 PM   #43

Name: Laura
Trailer: Teardrop American Outbacker
Utah
Holy cow! That looks like it can barely pull your Casita!

We just took the teardrop up to Denver with the Prius and it handled the mountains just fine? No overheating or much of a slow down. Worked way better than I thought it would.

It also handled the 40 mph winds in KS just fine. I love this rig!
Attached Thumbnails
image-3885174022.jpg  

Old 05-18-2012, 11:49 PM   #44

Name: Glen
Trailer: 2001 13 ft Casita Patriot Deluxe modified 1969 25' Airstream Trade Wind
California
Considering it's a Chevy Metro with a 1 Liter 3 cylinder engine and 5 speed manual trans and only weighs 1750# its quit surprising how well it posses in front of the 3200# Casita
Attached Thumbnails
Metro&Casita4.jpg  

Old 09-11-2013, 02:57 PM   #45

Name: Roger
Trailer: Trails West Campster andTeardrop American
California
Registry
Help with an Outbacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg M. View Post
Ok now that I have the hang of this I will continue. If you use your stove inside the back of the trailer as it looks like a previous poster is doing you will end up with a runny egg. The doors were a problem for Teardrop American from the start. Thay all leaked through the hinges and seals. We solved this problem with redesigned hinges and new softer gaskets. I don't have pics of this mod but I will take some tomarow. We replaced the stock door props with gass struts ( I highly recomend this mod if you value your fingers). Lots of thease had the same probem with the spring breakage and burn through the fender well issue. I patched mine with the same foam we injected under the floor . Basicly it squirted out of the fender damage (crack) when it hardened we sanded it smooth sealed it then painted it..... I have the better part of 500 hours into this thing to this point....."some projects are never done. We are going to the silver lake meet in April to dabut the "X POD" Hope to see some of you there..... If you need any more info or help gimmy a haller and i will se what I can do. Gregg PS: sory for the poor spelling .
Hi Gregg
You may have read elsewhere, that I have located a cabin, hatch and doors and NOTHING else. I think what I would like to by a stock trailer from Northern Tool or wherever. I have absolutelu no idea how the cabing mounts to a trailer. I have no measurements so I don't really know where to locate the axle. In fact, I don't even know whether to buy a 4' or 5' wide trailer! This is compounded by the fact that the pieces and parts are 800 miles away. My basic plan was to buy and assemble a trailer, relocate the axle if possible and go and get the other stuff. Once I get it home then I can restore it to usefullness. Can you help me with the crame details??

Thanks
Roger
Old 09-11-2013, 09:21 PM   #46

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwilhelm View Post
Hi Gregg
.......Can you help me with the crame details??

Thanks
Roger
Gregg hasn't been logged in to FiberglassRV for a looong time: Last Activity: 04-18-2011 09:18 AM But, you can always hope he comes back!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:29 PM   #47

Name: Roger
Trailer: Trails West Campster andTeardrop American
California
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Gregg hasn't been logged in to FiberglassRV for a looong time: Last Activity: 04-18-2011 09:18 AM But, you can always hope he comes back!
Thanks Donna. Guess I will have to get my info elsewhere.

Roger