Television mount - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 11-03-2010, 02:57 PM   #29

Trailer: 1981 Boler 13 ft / 2005 Dodge Caravan
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
Your welcome. I found mounting the unit to the tv before I drilled the holes helped in deciding where the best location for it was on the overhead bin.
Thanks for the tip Carol.I will do that.The mount came yesterday.Looks like exactly what I want and the quality is really good.The trailer is in storage for the winter so this won't get installed until Spring.Pat.

Old 11-03-2010, 04:40 PM   #30

Name: Alice
Trailer: 2018 Casita SD - Kondo A-Go-Go
Utah
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
Your welcome. I found mounting the unit to the tv before I drilled the holes helped in deciding where the best location for it was on the overhead bin.
Another good idea. I hope to find it waiting for me when I get home from work tonight. Last night the television got unpacked and is laying on the bed. Am thinking of usinging a bungee to hold it down on the bed while travelling. Things tend to bounce off the bed. otherwise. Thanks again.

KONDO A-GO-GO - I GO WHERE I'M TOWED
Wallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 06:55 PM   #31

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
I made a pouch for mine out of 1/2" foam and some extra nylon material I had - I just slip the tv and mount into it when not in use and stick it under the bed covers when traveling - so far so good.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:28 PM   #32

Name: James
Trailer: Uhaul CT-13
Ohio
Registry
I used an old soft sided suitcase and placed my TV in it with some egg crate foam wrapped around it, it's a perfect fit for my 22" and very secure for travel, just an idea if you have an old suitcase laying around.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:13 AM   #33

Name: Alice
Trailer: 2018 Casita SD - Kondo A-Go-Go
Utah
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panoz77 View Post
I used an old soft sided suitcase and placed my TV in it with some egg crate foam wrapped around it, it's a perfect fit for my 22" and very secure for travel, just an idea if you have an old suitcase laying around.
Sounds like a perfect solution. A suitcase can ususally be found at a garage sale!!!

KONDO A-GO-GO - I GO WHERE I'M TOWED
Wallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 01:09 PM   #34

Name: Tom
Trailer: Fiber Stream 16 ft
California
Registry
We could not find a spot to mount our TV where we could watch from both the dinette and the bed. So, I came up with this system:

I found a wire shelf that would hold a 22" TV and a satellite receiver. Hung it using cup hangers (15lb load per hook), light chain and "s" hooks. There are two "s" hooks on each chain - Long for dinette, short for foot of bed.

When we are using the dinette the TV hangs over the middle of the bed and we both can watch.

When we are in bed the TV hangs over the foot of the bed.

We used this system almost every day for two months and it worked very well. It takes less than two minutes to change the position of the TV/shelf or to put it up or take it down. One person can do it alone although two make it much easier.

When traveling the shelf and TV ride on the bed. We wrap the TV in a towel and place it so it will not bounce off.

Total cost - less than $10. Found shelf in a thrift store.
Attached Thumbnails
TV 1.JPG   TV 2.JPG  

There is no such thing as an all black cat.
Tom U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 03:09 PM   #35

Name: Bonnie and Claude
Trailer: N/A
Ontario
Registry
We looked at the various store-bought mounts but decided the wall adjoining the closet wasn't a good placement for our lifestyle and didn't want to put holes through any exterior walls. My husband built a small two shelf unit that fits in the front of our Boler over the gaucho next to the kitchen counter. (More or less dead space unless one plans to sleep on the sofa.) In order to have access to the gaucho storage bin had to sacrifice some of the sofa cushion (unzipped it and used electric knife to cut; stored at home should we ever opt to replace it). The unit fits very tightly and has space for a small microwave on the lower shelf and an LCD TV on the top. An angle iron was attached to the lower shelf to keep the microwave from moving during transit. Made a padded cover for the TV which lies flat secured by bungee cords during travel. Aside from paint and time, it was free as we had short boards on hand.