The Boler's new kitchen and other mods - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 11-15-2005, 01:45 PM   #15

Name: Liz
Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler, 1987 & 1988 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
California
Registry
Gina, you are probably right about the latches helping hold the weight. I will have to look aroung and see what I can find the will fit and look ok. Thank goodness for online shopping!

Shelly, they are riveted through the fiberglass backsplash, the rivets are backed up with 1"washers. I had the whole thing taken apart so it was easy. On second thought the spice rack is bolted on not riveted. I used some bike water bottle holders over the wires with tiny through bolts.

Old 04-17-2006, 08:08 PM   #16

Name: Liz
Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler, 1987 & 1988 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
California
Registry
Quote:
I'm not too worried about how much it weighs because somewhere in the not too distant future ( I hope) the frame is going to be beefed up and it's getting a new axle. The 1650 pound axle that is there has no boing left.
New 2000lb Dexter axle installed! We have boing!!

You won't believe this....I know I'm having trouble with it.....the axle swap took about an hour from start to finish. It was a direct bolt in. Next weekend we will hook up the new brakes and breakaway switch. The new axle raised the trailer approx. 6".

Old 03-11-2008, 11:33 PM   #17

Trailer: 1973 Boler
Quote:

You won't believe this....I know I'm having trouble with it.....the axle swap took about an hour from start to finish. It was a direct bolt in. Next weekend we will hook up the new brakes and breakaway switch. The new axle raised the trailer approx. 6".
Lithbeth, I need you to tell me about your windows! Thanks- brady
Old 03-14-2008, 11:28 AM   #18

Trailer: Compact Jr
Quote:

I'm researching a new axle for a Burro I'm messing with; would you mind answering a few questions? Where did you get your axle from? How much did it cost? Did you get an axle with brakes?

Tags
boler