the story of Rucio - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-27-2011, 05:07 PM   #15

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
I am truly WOW'd. Love your clubhouse Jen and I know it will be a fun place for you to play. Having your Dad help you, made a memory too. When you start camping, etc. be sure to keep a journal of places visited, etc.

AND, we'll get more pictures in the future too won't we?

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 05:34 PM   #16

Name: jen
Trailer: 1980 13 ft. burro
Pennsylvania
Registry
Thanks Donna! As it happens, the last time I had a little photo show in the neighborhood, there was a book binder artist present, and she and I made an art trade and out of the deal I got a nice blank book that I'll throw in the camper and use as an all-purpose trip journal/photo album/guest book.

And worry not, there will be many more photos to come. And what the heck, since I'm still here I'll throw in just a couple more, category Girl Stuff/Shopping.

I made a fun score at Goodwill a couple of weeks ago, finding these Coleman enamelware pieces for $3. As a tea drinker, I have no idea how the coffee pot works, but I assume that my husband and any other coffee drinking guests will have sufficient motivation to figure it out.

For dishware, I already had some midcentury melamine pieces - 10" dinner plates - that were my Nana's. To round out my set I shopped for some used stuff on Etsy and added some brown Maplex (made in Toronto) melamine pieces along with some no-name melamine cereal size bowls. I was super-nerd-excited about those finds. The aqua dishware is not a match with my robins egg blue upholstery but I'm cool with that.
Attached Thumbnails
20110327 rucio goodwill score coleman burro small.jpg   20110327 rucio melamine 1 burro small.jpg  

20110327 rucio melamine 2 burro small.jpg  

Old 03-27-2011, 05:37 PM   #17

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Score! I don't know about you, but I get more excited about finding stuff for my trailer than I do for my home
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 05:41 PM   #18

Name: Vickie
Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2015 Ford F-150, 2017 Winnebago UltraLite 27BHSS
Nebraska
Registry
Jen---this is so much fun! Love everything you've done-----so glad you are sharing the pics with us. Color scheme is fantastic---Wish all we gals could get together for the shopping/decor. as I'm not sure my husband understands why the fuss about the details.

High five on painting your frame brown!
Old 03-28-2011, 03:54 PM   #19

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Looking good Jen! Details do count! LOL wish I had a father to make new doors for me!
Old 03-28-2011, 07:09 PM   #20

Name: Dan
Trailer: 1976 Scamp 13 ft "Siesta"
Oregon
Registry
The restroration is looking great. I like the plates and coffee pot also. I bet your looking foreward to get out in it this summer!
Old 03-28-2011, 09:55 PM   #21

Name: Peter
Trailer: 1971 Amerigo
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie B. View Post
Jen---this is so much fun! Love everything you've done-----so glad you are sharing the pics with us. Color scheme is fantastic---Wish all we gals could get together for the shopping/decor. as I'm not sure my husband understands why the fuss about the details.

High five on painting your frame brown!

Sisters on the Sly? :~)
Old 03-28-2011, 09:56 PM   #22

Name: Bobbie
Trailer: 2011 Escape 15A
Washington
Registry
Looking great!

The secret to the porta potty is don't empty it until just before the next trip. (By then most odor has been chemically digested.) Of course, this doesn't work for long trips. But I felt like you at first, and now I like having it- it hardly takes any room and is easy to maintain and sure beats having to run to the campground restroom in the middle of the night.
Old 03-30-2011, 03:08 AM   #23

Name: Rusty
Trailer: 84 Burro 13 ft
Washington
Congratulations on your trailer. You're doing a great job making it your own. I have owned mine for over four years and have hauled the porta potty all over the place but like you, am intimidated, so have never used it. I hope you enjoy your little trailer for years to come. rb
Old 03-30-2011, 11:35 PM   #24

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
Jen, where did you buy the Dritz grommets? I went to our local fabric store and could not find them in my small town. You didn't happen to get them online did you? Our Walmart didn't have them either, but we don't have a fabric section at our Walmart.

Do you feel you really needed the header tape? Probably would depend on the fabric.

You got 50 yards of header tape because you are going to go into business making curtains.

Nice job. We look forward to seeing more later.

Nancy from the still frozen north.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:21 AM   #25

Pennsylvania
Registry
Thanks everybody!

Nancy, I got the grommets from a vendor on amazon dot com. They're available in a couple of places in the www, in various sizes and colors.

I think the header tape is useful for this curtain style - without it the top of the curtains would flop over the grommets. And who wants floppiness, really?

I'm headed over to Pittsburgh later today to spend the weekend working on installing cabinet doors, new marmoleum flooring, installing table hardware, and more. Excited! I'll probably bring Rucio on back to Philadelphia at the end of the weekend, which will be pretty great.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:29 AM   #26

Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
take plenty of pictures, especially on the floor install. something I've wanted to do
Old 03-31-2011, 12:01 PM   #27

Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
take plenty of pictures, especially on the floor install. something I've wanted to do
If you mean of the lino installation, can do!
Old 04-02-2011, 12:25 AM   #28

Trailer: 13 ft Compact II
Washington
Registry
You're doing a great job, Jen! I'm enjoying reading your breezy commentary, and looking at the photos.

I'm about to sew cushion covers and your 'just do it' approach is the kick-start I needed to get going.

Nice thrift store finds; you'll have a really nice trailer when you're done.

Fran
'74 Compact II