Trailer: U-Haul
Georgia
Registry
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2907884348.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	54988

That's a very nice comet. My brother had a 64 4 door. Black with a white top and that big killer 6 cyl. Car was in great shape.

1970 VW putting a 2110 in place of the 1600 and a 388 trans in place of the 412. Should have plenty of power and legs to pull the camper. Have disk brakes to goon the front if it don't like to stop. Shouldn't be too bad with the stock brakes. Just got to keep the speeds reasonable and don't push it too hard.

Old 02-03-2013, 10:11 PM   #72

Name: Lora
Trailer: 89 Bigfoot 17G & 73 Compact II
Northern Neck, VA
Registry
Your bug is so nice. My first car was a grey 60 bug. Gave it up when I had to start moving around in the Army. It was a great little car and easy to work on.

Old 02-03-2013, 11:16 PM   #73

Name: Fred
Trailer: 13 ft Boler
Kootenay's of BC
Registry
Small world,, traded a 72 super beetle for the Comet in 1974.
I like yours with the torsion bar front better.
I think the mods your planning plus an extra oil cooler will make a great tv.
Fred
Old 02-05-2013, 05:34 PM   #74

Name: Vic
Trailer: 1973 Boler
Alberta
Fred were you at today.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:32 PM   #75

Kootenay's of BC
Registry
Hey Vic, we've been parked in Oceanside at that Paradise RV resort since last Thursday. Yesterday we were out picking up stray grapefruits in the orchards. Today has been cool and overcast. Studying the road maps down to San Diego. Headed to Qualcomm Stadium Saturday nite for the Supercross.
Do you follow it? Will be on Speed. Really looking forward to seeing a race in person.
Probably gonna go through the Midway next week. Will take the Coaster (train) down for that. Planning to take in the Peterson Auto museum in LA this trip too. Marilyn wants tickets to a taping of the Big Bang Theory taping but it's not looking good.
Tell me its white and cold there so I can think the money is well spent!! Lol
Fred
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_00000398.jpg   IMG_00000401.jpg  

Old 02-05-2013, 06:40 PM   #76

Kootenay's of BC
Registry
Hey Vic, we've been parked in Oceanside at that Paradise RV resort since last Thursday. Yesterday we were out picking up stray grapefruits in the orchards. Today has been cool and overcast. Studying the road maps down to San Diego. Headed to Qualcomm Stadium Saturday nite for the Supercross.
Do you follow it? Will be on Speed. Really looking forward to seeing a race in person.
Probably gonna go through the Midway next week. Will take the Coaster (train) down for that. Planning to take in the Peterson Auto museum in LA this trip too. Marilyn wants tickets to a taping of the Big Bang Theory taping but it's not looking good.
Fred
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_00000398.jpg   IMG_00000401.jpg  

Old 02-06-2013, 08:16 AM   #77

Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRED SMAILES View Post
Fred
Fred good to hear from you. I'll have to check out the racing. Big Bang Theory, that's on Deanna's favorites. The weather, sorry to disappoint, but it has been quite mild here. But if it helps, it's been the shits out east. Your vacation sounds great. I'm in the hunt for an axle for the Boler. Keep your eyes peeled. We are all ready thinking about Libby. I thought I would book the spot. I was thinking of getting the spot we had or the one straight east of us. Jerry is even talking about it. Stay in touch and give Mariliyn a hug from us.
Vic.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:37 PM   #78

Kootenay's of BC
Registry
Thought I'd throw up these small changes that have proved to be a benefit.
We looked for and didn't find a raised faucet. I had this one out expecting to replace it. So when I decided to reinstall I noticed lots of thread on it to fit through thick counters. I used a piece of 1.5 plastic pipe to use all the thread.
It helped in making the tap easier to use.
The other item is the sink cover. This one was a cutout from a home sink install. I recessed around the edge so it sits down in the sink abit. Works great.
But with the small counter space we deal with there is always stuff on it and it seems there is always a small amount of fluid out of something that we want to pour down the sink. So,,I picked up this little funnel and made a hole in the cover. The sink cover can now stay in place much more and the unfinished cup of coffee can be discarded.

Well we've been on the road for over 2 weeks now and all of the mods in this thread have proved effective!
Relaxing, as we have lately I've come up with more mods to make our boler feel bigger. We don't have overheads so those will certainly happen.
Plus next year we'll be using a car to pull south with so less cargo space.
The Boler will need to carry it's own spare tire, stands, hoses, awning etc.
So probably do a cargo hatch in the right rear
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_00000406.jpg   IMG_00000407.jpg  

IMG_00000408.jpg  
Old 02-11-2013, 02:22 PM   #79

Name: Kinga DeRode
Trailer: For Sale Or Rent
Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Love the funnel idea.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:08 AM   #80

Name: Luis
Trailer: Boler 1300 79'
Alberta
Registry
Hello there Fred,
Like your build it as you go approach.

Question for you: how good is the 12v TV image quality?...
any recommendations on on-board electronics/entertainment?

Regards,
Luis

Hate to tell you but Alberta winter is feeling like spring (or fall!)
Old 03-01-2013, 01:28 PM   #81

Kootenay's of BC
Registry
Luis,,hate to tell ya but it's feeling like AUGUST today here.
After freddy(our dog) and I got back from our walk I turned the air conditioning on in the Boler and am hiding for a while!!
I don't know anything about electronics other than the basics. I just plug the tv into 110 and it comes on. Then I hook the cable up,, done.
I brought down our satellite system but haven't got that working yet. I talked to the tech guys at Shaw, got the coordinates for the dish but no luck yet.

My biggest challenge for working on the Boler is time!! Since I retired I've been way busy. So putting the project like this one into a limited time frame keeps it in focus.
Anyway, sorry I can't be of more help.
Fred
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_00000636.jpg   IMG_00000495.jpg  

Old 03-01-2013, 01:49 PM   #82

Name: Slavomir
Trailer: 1978 Boler
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRED SMAILES View Post
Luis,,hate to tell ya but it's feeling like AUGUST today here.
After freddy(our dog) and I got back from our walk I turned the air conditioning on in the Boler and am hiding for a while!!
I don't know anything about electronics other than the basics. I just plug the tv into 110 and it comes on. Then I hook the cable up,, done.
I brought down our satellite system but haven't got that working yet. I talked to the tech guys at Shaw, got the coordinates for the dish but no luck yet.

My biggest challenge for working on the Boler is time!! Since I retired I've been way busy. So putting the project like this one into a limited time frame keeps it in focus.
Anyway, sorry I can't be of more help.
Fred
Man, I sure could use some sunny warm weather about now! Seattle sog is just not cool...
Slav
Old 03-06-2013, 07:33 PM   #83

Alberta
How are things going. The weather here, we'll what ever. It's mid 20's in Havasu. Three more weeks and we're outahere. Not much has change here. Been quiet at work and fighting a head cold. I think Darcey and company are going to do a new frame up on the Boler. I've found some good info off the different threads on axles, so I'm going to check that out as well. Some of these interior builds are incredible. Roberts and Ian's, I like the idea of front kitchen. Anyway stay in touch and let us know how things are going.
Vic.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:58 AM   #84

Kootenay's of BC
Registry
Well we're home and after spending 2.5 months testing our renos in SoCal we decided on a few more!
First things first we stripped it out and gave it a complete scrubbing with mixture of bleach and soap.
Everything needs a place and without a place it gets tossed in the corner,,, so we need more places.
We have decided to create a overhead storage above the dinette along with a bunch of other things but this is where we're starting.
The pic shows how I got the line where the unit will go. I decided to make it paralle(?) with the side windows and high enough to clear the rear window. Will also have side shelves that go forward to the stock cabinets.
Follow along as I stumble towards completion. Perfect doesn't exist in my world, decent is the goal.
Marilyn got the new drawer that I made in the center front last fall. That storage unit below the bed is where I kept my clothes,,WHAT A PAIN IN THE A**!! Access to that space is going to change.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG928.jpg   IMG929.jpg  

Tags
boler