This is our 1975 Boler we restored - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2008, 10:40 PM   #21

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Mike,

I really liked you renovation which has definately given me inspiration. I'm considering the same exterior paint product for my Boler. Can you tell me how many coats you ended up applying and how many gallons were needed? Did you use a primer?

Regards,

Iain
iainm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 11:58 PM   #22

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via MSN to Coach George Jessup
What did you do for insulatin on the walls besides carpet?

What carpet did you use? That is one hell of a carpet job on walls, roof eveywhere. Though pics are not close up.... I sure cant see any rugged looking seams. How'ld dya do dat?
Coach George Jessup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 11:12 AM   #23

Trailer: 75 Boler
Quote:
Mike,

I really liked you renovation which has definately given me inspiration. I'm considering the same exterior paint product for my Boler. Can you tell me how many coats you ended up applying and how many gallons were needed? Did you use a primer?

Regards,

Iain
The paint is called Duraback http://www.nonslipcoating.com/anticorrosive.htm. Very heavy duty.
Cost is $139 a gallon (not cheap). Took 3 gallons (rolled on). You have about a 3 hour working time once seal is broken as it reacts to oxigen. Each coat adds a 1/8 inch rubberized coating that seals, works as an insulation, and is very very durable. You can pull steel chains across it and it doen't leave any marks! No priner was used, you just scuff up the surface. You can read more at the web site.

Mike
Mike Montville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 11:29 AM   #24

Trailer: 75 Boler
Quote:
What did you do for insulatin on the walls besides carpet?

What carpet did you use? That is one hell of a carpet job on walls, roof eveywhere. Though pics are not close up.... I sure cant see any rugged looking seams. How'ld dya do dat?
Elementary my dear Watson!!

Carpet was the only covering applied to the inside, believe it or not, the paint is the true insulator. The paint is called Duraback http://www.nonslipcoating.com/anticorrosive.htm. Very heavy duty.
Cost is $139 a gallon (not cheap). Took 3 gallons (rolled on). You have about a 3 hour working time once seal is broken as it reacts to oxygen. Each coat adds a 1/8 inch rubberized coating that seals, works as an insulation, and is very very durable. You can pull steel chains across it and it doesn't leave any marks! No primer was used, you just scuff up the surface. You can read more at the web site.

Back to the carpet, we used a trunk (Stretchable) carpet, no backing so it stretches. It is used in high-end automotive restorations alowing you to make sure you see no seams, and you are right, there are no seams. It was applied with sprayed on counter top glue (It ain't ever coming off).

Mike
Mike Montville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 01:15 PM   #25

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Thanks Mike. I'm definately leaning towads this simply because it looks great and I have some imperfections on the fibreglass from the previous owners sloppy repair . This stuff should cover up the repair quite nicely without hours of sanding and filling. I'm assuming you applied 2 coats? Any idea of the wieght it adds?

Thanks again,

Iain

Quote:
The paint is called Duraback http://www.nonslipcoating.com/anticorrosive.htm. Very heavy duty.
Cost is $139 a gallon (not cheap). Took 3 gallons (rolled on). You have about a 3 hour working time once seal is broken as it reacts to oxigen. Each coat adds a 1/8 inch rubberized coating that seals, works as an insulation, and is very very durable. You can pull steel chains across it and it doen't leave any marks! No priner was used, you just scuff up the surface. You can read more at the web site.

Mike
iainm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 06:32 AM   #26

Trailer: Boler 1300 1973
Registry
Anyone that did used Duraback one or 2 years ago that could let us know how it is holding up over time ? It is easy to keep clean ? I might go with this solution next spring.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:07 PM   #27

Name: ken
Trailer: 75 boler
British Columbia
looks good but is the rock guard hard to cleen as i would dout you can wax it
bobbie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler