As the days get shorter it is time to clean solar
panels for maximum efficiency. I did not cellist was necessary in the summer as I was topped off every morning.
It took me about 12-15 minutes mostly because I hurt my back a few days ago.
My charging current rose from 18 Amps to 19.2 Amps--some of which can be attributable to a slightly higher sun angle. Still 1 Amp or more was a nice increase for six panels.
There were no leaves blocking the sun and only a minimal amount of dirt. It just goes to show that even though they look fairly clean they can be dirtier than you think. I will probably get a squeegee with a 4' handle to speed things up in the future.
The panels did NOT seem to collect leaves. The area surrounding them did. I sort more time gathering these up than I did washing the panels. There is something to be said for flexible panels that you can walk on. I've read these can collect more dirt and can get scratched by cleaning, still I plan to add two of these in the near future.
Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV