Tires for Surfside? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-17-2011, 11:21 AM   #1

Trailer: 1977 Triple E Surfside
Tires for Surfside?

Any suggestions on what to replace 13" tires with? I noticed a small crack on the sidewall of one tire so I guess it's time to replace.

I've read the threads suggesting to stick with an ST tire so will ask about that when phoning around but is there any advantage to changing size or anyone with a Surfside who has put something on recently?

Thanks!
Shelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 11:37 AM   #2

Name: Dave
Trailer: ,Bigfoot 25 foot plus Surfside 14 foot
British Columbia
Tires for Surfside

The big issue would be the room in the wheel well.

My son's TM 14 has 13's on it, but a friend also has a Surfside and he just put new tires on, and I think he may gone with 14 inchers (on very nice looking "mag" wheels) . Can't ask him what size as he is traveling with it right now and may not be back for a few weeks.

I would use trailer-rated tires. Not that they are guaranteed to be better, but should something happen, let's not give the insurance company a reason to weasel on claims!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelley View Post
Any suggestions on what to replace 13" tires with? I noticed a small crack on the sidewall of one tire so I guess it's time to replace.

I've read the threads suggesting to stick with an ST tire so will ask about that when phoning around but is there any advantage to changing size or anyone with a Surfside who has put something on recently?

Thanks!
BCDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 01:42 PM   #3

I noticed mine are "P" rated tires now. Seems like there would be room for a bigger tire.
Old 07-23-2011, 05:26 PM   #4

In case anyone else is looking...best price ended up being close to home at Kal Tire in Airdrie. 2 ST tires installed for $200. I went with 13" so I didn't have to do rims and a spare but apparently the 13s aren't as common any more.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:08 PM   #5

Name: randy
Trailer: Surf Side
Manitoba
tires

Shelly, contact Casterland in Calgary and they can help you.
rocknroll randy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
surfside, tires