Since I just posted a 'help me' post here is a bit of an idea and help post.
I'm sure most of you know of this but here is how I retro-fitted LEDs into my origional lenses. I prefered this to a new 7" light
. Just use a slim 4" trailer light
and I had to hack the rear connector off so it was flush. I then took the raw wires that went to that connector and wired them into the raw wired that fed the old 12V bulb that I hacked off the origional. Here is a photo without lense:
I have also modified my tongue quite a bit. I have a new propane
bracket that located the propane
bottle to one side on the original tray. I did that so I could add the battery
to the tongue. To mount the battery
I used a 3/4" piece of plywood secured with U-bolts and painted with marine enamel. From there I screwed on the battery
Also part of the tongue re-do was the addition of a junction box. I cut a hole into the back of it to so that the wires would enter it from the frame. I sealed around that hole and screwed the box onto the frame. A 4-pin connector then exits the junction box with a gland. This mod eliminates the stress caused on the wires where they exit the frame. It also looks a hell of alot better!
I also did some load/draw testing. I turned on one item at a time to see the draw on the 12V system.
on either side of overhead: 0.92A ea.
12V two speed fan on overhead: 0.55/0.80A
Batt voltage gauge (I added): 0.06A ( I was shocked!)
on 12V: 3.90A
I also made a .pdf of my '73 12VDC and 110VAC wiring and will post shortly. (I am an electronics tech and had to perfect it)