Torsion bar - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-16-2014, 09:17 PM   #1

Name: Hughe
Trailer: Trillium 76
British Columbia
Torsion bar

The torsion bars on my 76 trillium don't seem to be doing a whole lot. Has anyone replaced them? Can you reset them?
What option do I have? They appear to be welded on.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
hrose414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 05:25 AM   #2

Trailer: 1978 Trillium 13 ft
I believe you are referring to the torsion axle. You can not reset them. The rubber in the tube wears out and allows the trailer to sag and provides less height and protection from all those lovely potholes.

We are going to start removing the body of my Trillium today. I found a welding shop nearby to order and replace the old axle. They were referred to me by the RV place. This person kept insisting I should just leave it alone but it leans and they are worn. He wasn't even going to have me remove the body. I remember long time ago where someone had their axle replace and burned up the trailer.
Steve DeWeese is offline   Reply With Quote