TOTAL MAKEOVER - includes pics - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-20-2006, 07:17 PM   #21

Trailer: 13 ft Bigfoot

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0763.JPG
Views:	420
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	5253
[attachment=6601:attachm
ent]
Quote:
About a year ago there was a 13' Bigfoot on Ebay that had a roof-mounted AC. I emailed the seller to ask about it. He said that he took the trailer to a trailer shop that called Bigfoot to ask about it before they installed it, and Bigfoot told them there was wooden framing that would reinforce the roof enough to hold the AC safely.

Now, I've never seen any such reinforcement in my Li'l Bigfoot, and since you gutted yours, you'd know if you saw any. I suspect that the shop was blowing smoke at the guy so they could make their sale.

The fellow did say that they'd never had any trouble with it and he knew up front I was not a potential buyer. I'd like to believe him, but 100lb is a lot up there on the roof

It occurs to me that with your trailer completely open and planning to rebuild that you are definitely in a position to ADD that framing for support if you wanted to.

I hope this helps a little, and I'm really hoping you'll bring the results to Bandon next July for us to admire! http://www.fiberglassrv.com/board/in...howtopic=13185
Hi there I too have restored a 13' bigfoot trailer from the ground up. There is no wood in the roof to support an air unit. It should be noted that the wood panel on the ceiling is an important part of the roof structure. If you have any questions on this little trailer I would be happy to answer them.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0769.JPG   IMG_0768.JPG  

Derek&Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 08:57 PM   #22

Trailer: 1987 Lil Bigfoot
Quote:
Attachment 5253
[attachment=6601:attachm
ent]
Hi there I too have restored a 13' bigfoot trailer from the ground up. There is no wood in the roof to support an air unit. It should be noted that the wood panel on the ceiling is an important part of the roof structure. If you have any questions on this little trailer I would be happy to answer them.

Your trailer looks great. Ours has 1/2 inch wood reinforcment in the ceiling NOW. It only had a thin piece of wall paneling before and the 1 inch wide trim around the vent opening was an add on. I would never have expected the old application to support any weight on the roof. Roger
Bonnie and Roger in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 08:12 PM   #23

Quote:
With my grandson's help, we figured out how to resize some pictures of the demolition of our 13 foot Lil Bigfoot. Next week we plan to start painting, then we can serious about putting things back together again.
I would like you all to see some of the progress that we are making on our '87 L'il BigFoot. It's actually farther along with the cabinets than this. All the cabinets are in, the doors are ready for installation and the A/C unit will go on top Sat. morning with the help of several strong friends. R 'n B

Click image for larger version

Name:	cabinets.JPG
Views:	231
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	6271
Attached Images

Old 03-30-2007, 06:22 PM   #24

Trailer: 1991 Bigfoot 17 ft
[quote]I would like you all to see some of the progress that we are making on our '87 L'il BigFoot. It's actually farther along with the cabinets than this. All the cabinets are in, the doors are ready for installation and the A/C unit will go on top Sat. morning with the help of several strong friends. R 'n B

Attachment 6271

Show us more , show us more !!! Please !!! It looks fabulous !

Mitch
mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 06:11 PM   #25

Quote:
Show us more , show us more !!! Please !!! It looks fabulous !

Mitch
Go to slide show at www.photoshow.com/view/Gx3An9uV
Old 05-25-2007, 10:38 PM   #26

Trailer: 1991 Bigfoot 17 ft
Quote:

All I can say is WOW !!!! That is amazing work....!!! We love everything you did to it. Truly spectacular ! Thanks for sharing. You've inspired us !! Now if it would only stop snowing here so we can get outside to work on our BF !!! Happy trails ! Mitch
mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 06:33 AM   #27

Trailer: Boler 1700SGH (Stage II twoftitis)
Quote:
Awesome Awesome work! When are you going to paint the hot rod to match?

Seriously, that's really great.

My garage spray booth is like that. I stapled slats on the bottom of the plastic so I can roll up the poly and wire-tie it to the ceiling when not in use.. I also screwed my regulator/water filter to the ceiling and have a coily cord hanging from it so I can reach all the corners of the spray booth without dragging my hose all over the place... I also screwed metal shelving supports to the ceiling so I'd have lots of places to hang things for spraying... I also use a furnace blower to blow air out the bottom of the garage door and put a furnace filter in front of it. The rest of the door panel gets blocked off and fresh air comes in the little slot at the top. I like your idea of having the filters at the bottom though.
I only regret that my Boler 17 won't fit in my garage so I'm going to have to rent a booth.

Good work!
Herb P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 08:01 PM   #28

Trailer: 1999 Scamp 16 ft ('The Pod')
We had the pleasure of meeting Bonnie and Roger at Nehalem Bay State Park in Oregon this past week and viewing the 1987 Li'l Bigfoot. Their design and meticulous attention to detail has made this trailer a work of art!

Vivian & Joe
Vivian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 01:37 PM   #29

Quote:
We had the pleasure of meeting Bonnie and Roger at Nehalem Bay State Park in Oregon this past week and viewing the 1987 Li'l Bigfoot. Their design and meticulous attention to detail has made this trailer a work of art!

Vivian & Joe
What a nice surprise to have someone from the forum just walk up to your camp and introduce themselves. We just can't hide when we go out in our unique little trailers. Thank you for your kind words about our project. We have really been enjoying the results of our labors this summer. Hopefully we will be able to make the 2008 Spring Rally. Bonnie and Roger
Old 09-17-2007, 07:00 PM   #30

Trailer: 1973 13 ft Boler
I wonder if thats the lil Bigfoot I was going to look at this spring. From Chilliwack, for $7500 in the Buy and Sell?
Rudy_Z24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 07:04 PM   #31

Quote:
I wonder if thats the lil Bigfoot I was going to look at this spring. From Chilliwack, for $7500 in the Buy and Sell?

No, this one came from around Mission. We have had if for over a year and started the remodel in Aug 2006