Tote-n-Tarry Lemon Chiffon Rehab - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-10-2015, 05:50 PM   #61

Name: Totie Fan
Trailer: Tote N Tarry
West Coast
Totie Toidy

As most great ideas have already been 'thunk' of, alas I found someone else had done a toilet in the closet as I'd wanted to (but haven't gotten to yet). Click image for larger version

Name:	totietoidy.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	82456This is kind of what I want to do except mine, I envision, will be plumbed in to, I hope, water for the flusher and a black tank underneath with a roof stack vent.
As these people did I figured I'd need to build out the closet 8", do-able since the table will now be a bed.

I figure I'll need a 3" pipe to get from the bottom of the toilet with a pull valve going to the black tank.

I'm almost done with the electrical (again, I had to move it from the front to the back), and I ordered a 10 gallon fresh water tank. I have no idea how to install a pump but I'll figure that out. I got my sink drain attached to a line which will also go into the black tank, I'll have to figure that out too, I think it'll use something called a "saddle".

Has anyone else put a working toilet, not just a porta-potty, into this closet space?
Tote-n-Tarry No.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 01:05 AM   #62

West Coast
Bondo-ing Tip

I do a lot of bondo/fiberglass work of late, and though I'm a newbie at it I made a discovery that might help someone.

Whenever I fiberglass, I put in the MEK and depending on the temperature, it could take 36 hours to 36 minutes to set up. Just before it gets useless and thick it'll heat up, then too late.
Whenever I bondo, I put in the MEK paste and it usually sets up while I'm delicately artfully spackling it on, even if it's a bit cold outside.

So I found that if I add some fiberglass resin to the bondo and then the MEK paste, not the drops, it stays silky smooth and lasts longer before hardening than just bondo. Anyone who frosts cakes will appreciate this consistency. It's nicer for spackling. And if you want fiberglass that sets up fast even in cold weather, just do the bondo-resin mix with mostly resin and use the paste, not the drops...for some reason this will definitely set up even when you "shouldn't" be fiberglassing due to cold.

Also if you want a really flat outcome just put a piece of overhead projector plastic film over your bondo, flatten out bubbles with a flat stick and leave it until set, don't remove it early. It will just pull right off and leave a mirror-flat finish.

I am going to be replacing my windows with flat glass/aluminum frame windows and so I'll have to build out my curved fiberglass for this purpose, and this is going to take some patient creativity. I don't see the point of replacing the plexiglass only to re-crack/get all scratched up/leak again. Apparently these are leak-prone windows over time, and with aluminum windows set on rim built outside the main plane of the shell, this should avert that, or that's the plan.
Old 04-14-2015, 02:58 PM   #63

West Coast
My Tote n' Tarry isn't crooked afterall...

When I found a hole in the driver's side wheel well fiberglass, I then had then noticed the former owners had mauled off some of the lower back edge because it looked "sawsall'ed" a bit ...and when I looked up front I thought they'd done the same all along the driver's side edge because it didn't match up to the passenger's side edge.
Well well, it appears that's the intended design, here's a Boler I believe it is, and it's "crooked" too.
I need a picture head-on from the backside too...
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1084.jpg  
Old 04-24-2015, 03:18 PM   #64

West Coast
Music Anyone? USB/SD/MP3 Players/AM-FM Receivers

Has anyone installed one of these either in their car or trailer? I hate CDs and these I've seen online are not expensive and are way compact compared to the CD players. No more stacks of CDs to scratch, break, no more CD containers for toilet paper though...oh well! I can put a whole bunch of music on an SD card, hundreds of songs (I convert youtubes to mp3).

I want to get one of these, for all my vehicles/rigs. Does anyone have any recommendations or good/bad experiences?
Thanks!
Amazon.com: BOSS Audio 612UA In-Dash Single-Din USB/SD/MP3 Player Receiver: Car Electronics
Old 10-29-2015, 11:46 AM   #65

Name: Cynthia
Trailer: Tote n Tarry
California
Hi! I just purchased a 1973 Tote n Tarry. Didn't know there were others around. I'd love to connect up with you to talk trailers some time. Would you be willing?
CynSum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 01:59 PM   #66

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
Black water tank??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tote-n-Tarry No.2 View Post
As most great ideas have already been 'thunk' of, alas I found someone else had done a toilet in the closet as I'd wanted to (but haven't gotten to yet). Attachment 82456This is kind of what I want to do except mine, I envision, will be plumbed in to, I hope, water for the flusher and a black tank underneath with a roof stack vent.
As these people did I figured I'd need to build out the closet 8", do-able since the table will now be a bed.

I figure I'll need a 3" pipe to get from the bottom of the toilet with a pull valve going to the black tank.

I'm almost done with the electrical (again, I had to move it from the front to the back), and I ordered a 10 gallon fresh water tank. I have no idea how to install a pump but I'll figure that out. I got my sink drain attached to a line which will also go into the black tank, I'll have to figure that out too, I think it'll use something called a "saddle".

Has anyone else put a working toilet, not just a porta-potty, into this closet space?
I would think it over, a black water tank from toilet is okay if every time you use it your in a camp ground where you can dump it easily but if your moving all the time it is not easily dumped. I myself prefer to be able to remove the one part and carry it out and dump into service station toilet or outhouses or where ever it is safe to do so. Some states have free dump stations making it real easy to dump black or porta Pot.
Just a heads up.
stude is offline   Reply With Quote